Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF Engineer, Advanced
at Zebra Corp
- Job ID
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to join our Austin large screen rugged tablet and rugged products center of excellence. This is a technically challenging role working with leading technologies and solutions. We are looking for an experienced technical leader to work with key international partners and technology providers to architect RF solutions for Zebra Enterprise Mobile Computing products with industry best practices and quality.
Manage wireless communications technologies, including:
- WWAN (2G/3G/4G/LTE)
- WLAN (802.11b/g/a/n/ac/ad/ax)
Contribute to all aspects of product development engineering, including:
- Technology selection
- Feature identification
- Product specification
- OEM/ODM selection and management
- RF circuit design
- Antenna design
- RF system integration
- RF system line-up analysis (by SW)
- EM/antenna simulation (a plus)
- Issue identification and resolution
- Support product launch
- Mobile broadband service provider network certifications
Interact and work with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally. Be adept at learning and implementing new technologies under both Microsoft’s Windows® and Google’s Android™ operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5 Years minimum experience in wireless technologies, RF circuit design, antenna design, and RF system integration.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a leading cross functional engineering team.
- 3+ years of experience working with worldwide mobile broadband service provider network certification processes and regulatory teams and labs.
- Hands on experience with mobile devices, wireless technologies, sensors, OS installs, and software installs. Proven project management skills to manage and complete several large projects simultaneously, while interfacing with and supporting several different internal and external development teams. Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills down to the component level. Ability to travel domestically and internationally.