YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YMCA Senior Camp Director, Round Rock, TX
at YMCA of Greater Williamson County
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team of professionals as the Senior Director for Camp for the Youth Development Department in Round Rock TX!
This position will oversee both Camp Round Rock, one of our two outdoor camp programs that has an average of 200 campers per week and 6 school campuses based camp programs.
Under the direction of the District Executive Director of Y Afterschool, the Senior Camp Director position is critical to grow the program operations, assure quality outcomes through measurement and assure a controlled fiscal position for all Y Afterschool camping programs.
The Senior Camp Director is responsible for:
- Camp operations and program oversight for all aspects of Camp.
- Direct and Indirect supervision and operation of Y Afterschool Day Camp.
- Directly lead efforts to grow and operation of Day Rental Groups.
- Adventure programing on all Ropes Course elements including portable rock wall. ACCT preferred.
- Balanced budget and managing planned/forecasted growth in program departments.
- Compliance with Texas licensing requirements.
- Staff training and certification plan.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Business Management, Education, Child Development, a related field or equivalent.
- Highly motivated, organized, personable, enthusiastic displaying leadership abilities.
- Three or more years of experience in supervising or directing Camp programs as a program and/or center director.
- Ropes Courses and Team Challenge experience/certification preferred.
- Experience in community outreach, marketing, program development, financial development, staff supervision, facility management, and fiscal management.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required or willing to certify in first 60 days.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of Texas State Department of Health Services (TSDHS) standards.
- Are adaptable, flexible, and enjoy variety in your work environment including periodic weekends, overnight and non-business hour workdays.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility; implement character development and the YMCA core values in all programs and all aspects of Center operations
- Are anxious to collaborate with other Departments and Association programs for the benefit of the Association.
- Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history check, sex offender registry, and FBI fingerprint background check and random drug screenings.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission-driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties. Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County serving 5200 children per day, as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind, and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Salary: $39,790-$42,000 DOE
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County offers a comprehensive benefits package including pay commensurate with skills and experience; Medical/Dental/Vision options, LTD/Life Insurance, Paid-time off for Vacation, Sick and Holiday, Tuition Assistance, Family Membership to YMCAs in Williamson County, program discounts, including Child Care and 12% company paid Retirement after two years of full-time service.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Devin Hughes at YMCA of Greater Williamson County, 1812 N Mays St, Round Rock TX 78664.
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
Email resume to: email@example.com
Apply at http://www.ymcagwc.org