YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YMCA Senior Aquatics Director, Cedar Park, TX
at YMCA of Greater Williamson County
The Aquatics Director provides leadership and support for Twin Lakes Family YMCA Aquatics Department and will interact with employees, management, members, and other business associates in an outgoing, courteous manner. The Aquatics Director will perform various administrative, support, and specialty duties related to the efficient operation of Aquatics programs, swimming pool operations, staff supervision and training. Must model relationship-building skills in all interactions and develop and maintain positive relationships with children, parents, and other staff. The Aquatics Director will support the mission, purpose, and goals of the YMCA, while performing his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Manage operations of Aquatics department
- Implementation of association back to basics plan in Dept.
- Monitor and maintain related department Budgets
- Hire qualified staff and Conduct staff trainings
- Provide Family Value add programming to Aquatics
Skill / Requirements
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid Texas Drivers License and show proof of insurability. Must maintain a driving record that is satisfactory with the YMCA standards. CPR, First Aide, AED. Must become YMCA Swim Instructor Certified within 6 months of hire. Must possess USA Swim Coach Certification.
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must possess excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to relate well to children, to communicate effectively, build rapport, and maintain positive relations with members staff, and Y leadership;
- Enthusiasm, high energy and exceptional human relations and motivational skills;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions;
- Should possess effective budgetary and programmatic experience;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of members, participants, volunteers or Y employees;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished orally, in writing, or in diagram form.
- Ability to attract, maintain, lead and motivate quality staff and volunteer leadership.
- Ability to be an articulate spokesperson for the Association and the YMCA movement as a whole;
- Commitment to the purpose of the YMCA of Greater Williamson County;