YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YMCA Ropes Course Program Specialist, Cedar Park TX
at YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Do you enjoy working outdoors in a high energy environment all while helping children grow and step outside their comfort zone? Join our Ropes Course Team for Summer 2020 at YMCA Camp Twin Lakes.
Ropes Course Program Specialists provide experiential activities and facilitate a powerful learning opportunity for participants of all ages on our High Ropes Tower during the Summer Camp season. After going through Ropes Course training, these Program Specialists will be able to facilitate High Ropes elements such as Zip Line, Giant Swing, Rock Climbing, Giants Ladder and more. Our facilitators will help groups discover ways to work together and accomplish goals through leadership, instruction and motivation with an emphasis on safety.
- Safely facilitate a wide range of Ropes Course elements.
- Inspect climbing equipment and hardware daily.
- Document equipment usage reporting any issues to supervisor.
- Exhibit teamwork and good communication with fellow Ropes Course Staff and other Camp Staff.
- Process High Ropes experience through debriefing in a group setting.
Job Type: Seasonal (May 26-August 14)
Skill / Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Previous Ropes Course or Rock Climbing experience preferred but not required.
- Ability and willingness to work at height and in the Texas summer heat.
- Able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must be able to attend Ropes Course Training on March 15-17, 2020