YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YMCA Child Development Center Assistant Director, Pfugerville, TX
at YMCA of Greater Williamson County
The YMCA Child Development Center (CDC) located at the Chasco YMCA in Round Rock, TX, has a great opportunity for a Full-Time Assistance Center Director. The Assistant Center Director will assist and support the CDC Director with overall center management, the development of high quality programs, day to day operations, and establishing professional, positive relationships with parents, children, colleagues, and the community. Center hours are Monday – Friday, 7:00 am-6:00 pm. Shift will vary, as the Assistant Director will partner with the Center Director to cover the daily opening and closing of the Center.
Basic Job Responsibilities include:
- Assuming the Director’s responsibilities in the Director’s absence;
- Creating daily work and lunch schedules for staff and adjusting staff schedules based on call-ins;
- Conducting regular observations and developing plans of actions, if needed, to ensure the quality of care for the children.
- Ensuring the programs promote the development of each child’s physical, emotional, and cognitive development, in a nurturing environment;
- Modeling exemplary professionalism and work ethics;
- Ensuring safety and supervision of children at all times;
- Substituting in classrooms and the kitchen as needed;
- Supervising the Center cook and aides;
- Creating and maintaining a system to track and maintain staff training hours;
- Creating and overseeing enrichment programs;
- Overseeing the Kinder Camp program;
- Meeting enrollment goals and overseeing waitlist and new enrollments;
- Maintaining staff and children’s files;
- Assisting in development of CDC new hire and ongoing training plans;
- Assisting in development of developmentally appropriate goals and standards for each classroom;
- Assist in development and implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
Status: Full-time –Exempt
Salary Range: $32,000/year to $35,000/year.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Pay commensurate with skills and experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision options
- LTD/Life Insurance
- Paid-time off for Vacation, Sick and Holiday
- Tuition Assistance
- Family Membership to YMCAs in Williamson County
- program discounts, including Child Care
- 12% company paid Retirement after two years of full-time service
- Appropriate curriculum.
Skill / Requirements
Minimum Job Requirements
- In order to be considered for this position, applicants must meet all state licensing requirements and be eligible for Texas Director License within 60 days of employment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Preferred educational requirements:
- Related degree (Masters, Bachelors, or Associates) in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Child and Family Studies or related field.
- Preferred experience requirements include at least :
- Minimum of two years, verifiable experience in a licensed child care center and
- Minimum of one year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrate the social skills necessary to relate to a variety of people, remaining positive even under stressful situations.
- Ability to provide active supervision to a group of children.
- Must pass reference checks, pre-employment drug screen, background check and sex offender registry check.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a cause-driven organization that is for youth development, for healthy living and for social responsibility. Our organization is the largest school-age child care provider in Williamson County and offers fitness programs that improve the quality of life for more than 42,000 members ranging from preschool children to senior citizens. We currently have five facility branches, a centralized Licensed Child Care Department, Metropolitan Services Office, and more than 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind, and body of people throughout Williamson County. Applicants should be willing to work for a nonprofit organization and should be capable of modeling the five core values of the YMCA: respect, responsibility, honesty, caring, and faith.