YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YMCA Camp Associate Executive Director, Cedar Park, TX
at YMCA of Greater Williamson County
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team of professionals as the Associate Executive Director for Camp Twin Lakes in Cedar Park, Texas.
Camp Twin Lakes has operated Day Camps for over 20 years and it is considered the “premier outdoor camp” of the area with an estimated 5500 summer camper weeks. The Overnight Camp is just 3 years old and is experiencing rapid growth for Summer Camp as has the rental program for Schools, Churches and Corporate Retreats. Our central location to Austin and neighborhood location makes our site perfectly suited for today’s parents and families. The annual budget is over $1.7 million and serves approximately 4,000 children/guests throughout the Off Season and over 6,000 camper weeks during the summer.
Under the direction of the Camp Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director position is critical to grow the program operations, assure quality outcomes through measurement and assure a controlled fiscal position for Camp Twin Lakes.
The Associate Executive Director is responsible for:
- Camp operations and program oversight for all aspects of Camp.
- Direct supervision and operation of Day Camp.
- Direct supervision and operation of Day Rental Groups.
- Adventure programing on all Ropes Course elements including portable rock wall. ACCT required.
- Balanced budget and managing planned/forecasted growth in program departments.
- Compliance with Texas licensing requirements.
- Oversight of Overnight Camp and overnight retreat groups.
- Staff training and certification plan.
- Program Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Kids To Camp element of the Annual Campaign
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Business Management, Education, Child Development, a related field or equivalent.
- Highly motivated, organized, personable, enthusiastic displaying leadership abilities.
- Five or more years of experience in supervising or directing Camp programs as a program and/or center director.
- Three years or more operating Ropes Courses and Team Challenge.
- Experience in community outreach, marketing, program development, financial development, volunteer development, staff supervision, facility management, food services and fiscal management.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification preferred
- CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of Texas State Department of Health Services (TSDHS) standards.
- Are adaptable, flexible, and enjoy variety in your work environment including periodic weekends, overnight and non-business hour workdays.
- Serve as a leader in the Annual Giving campaign and other fundraising initiatives; direct staff and volunteers on implementation of membership campaigns.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility; implement character development and the YMCA core values in all programs and all aspects of Center operations
- Are anxious to collaborate with other Departments and Association programs for the benefit of the Association.
- Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history check, sex offender registry, and FBI fingerprint background check and random drug screenings.
Salary: $53,790-$64,575 DOE
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to Doug Grimm at YMCA of Greater Williamson County, Camp Twin Lakes, 204 East Little Elm Trail, Cedar Park, TX 78613.
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission-driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties. Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County serving 5000 children per day, as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind, and body for all people throughout Williamson County.