YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Program Assistant - East Communities
at YMCA of Austin
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED AUGUST 11, 2019
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause through our service and engagement principles. Every day we:
- Welcome – Smile greet members by name, introduce yourself.
- Connect – Ask questions, share a story, introduce them to other staff and members.
- Support – Affirm and encourage them, wish them well.
- Invite – Share opportunities to get involved and give back to the community.
Join us and help transform lives.
The East Communities Branch in Austin, Texas, is seeking Youth Program Assistants to join our team.
We are looking for applicants that are available to work a flexible schedule in the evenings and some weekends at our branch located at 5315 Ed Bluestein Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78723
Pay Rate: $9.50- $10.50 per hour, depending on experience.
Under the direction of the Family Engagement Director, the Youth Program Assistant will assist with child care and youth programs at the branch location. Staff will be responsible to provide consistent, quality care and good service every time to the member’s children. Staff will be responsible for caring for children between ages 6 weeks old to 11 years old. Staff will also be responsible for light cleaning of the Child Watch and programming spaces. Staff must be able to provide a comfortable, safe and non-threatening environment for children to grow in. Staff will be responsible for enforcing the rules and ensuring games start on time and providing a safe and positive environment for participants. Staff must help create a positive experience for these children. Staff will be promoting the YMCA character values, mission, wellness philosophy and our role in the community.
- At least 1-year experience working with babies and children
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Ability to solve conflicts or issues that may arise
- Must possess maturity/sound judgment and a strong sense of responsibility
- Must be able to set up/take down equipment/lift or move items up to 50 pounds.
- Must arrive on time indicated by supervisor
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Reliable transportation to attend work
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
- Free YMCA membership
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
- Discount on program fees
- 10% discount on Childcare/Summer Camp
- Flexible schedules