YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Development Leader - South Austin
at YMCA of Austin
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As a Youth Development Leader, you will make a difference in the lives of children throughout central Texas. You will provide enriching, safe, and memorable camp experiences to thousands of youth. You will help campers gain a sense of achievement, build relationships, and find their sense of belonging. You will supervise a group of campers at one of our program sites in the city of Austin or surrounding areas. The Youth Development Leader reports to the Site Leader and Program Director. This is a seasonal, part-time role based out of EAC-YMCA Branch.
- Weekends Off
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Flexible schedules
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts on programs and more
- Free CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You are a minimum of 18 years of age and have a high school diploma.
- Teamwork: You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you are able to work well with others.
- Organized and Productive: You are organized, able to prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments.
- Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- Availability: You have the availability to work Monday – Friday, between 7 am – 7 pm.
Pay Rate: $11.00 per hour
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.