YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welcome Center Team Lead - Springs
at YMCA of Austin
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As the Welcome Center Team Lead, you will play a critical role in serving our members, program participants and providing a quality experience for everyone who enters our doors. You will oversee the opening and closing operational procedures. As an organization committed to living our purpose we show up to welcome, connect, support, and invite our members and participants to connect with each other and the YMCA. The Welcome Center Team Lead reports to the Associate Executive Director. This is a part-time role based out of the Springs Family YMCA.
Pay Rate: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour, depending on experience
What are the details?
- Ensure proper implementation of Welcome Center procedures.
- Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Create a member-focused culture and model relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Foster a climate of innovation.
- Resolve problems to facilitate member satisfaction.
- Educate and enforce rules and regulations of the YMCA to members, participants & guests.
- Serve as contact for weekend facility operations with Director Team.
- Acts as a shift supervisor.
- Assists in training new front desk staff
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You are a minimum of 18 years old and have some experience in a Customer Service environment.
- Teamwork: You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you are able to work well with others.
- Organized and Productive: You are organized, able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments.
- Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- Availability: You are able to work a flexible schedule of 2 to 3 shifts, a total of up to 10 hours, per week. This includes at least one Saturday or Sunday shift per month. Open availability is preferred.
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Flexible schedules
- Resume builder
- Paid training hours
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee Discounts on programs and more.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.