YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welcome Center Staff - Southwest
at YMCA of Austin
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen the community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As Welcome Center Staff, you will play a critical role in serving our members, program participants and providing a quality experience for everyone who enters our doors. You will serve as the focal point for all member inquiries, program registration, and all questions related to programming and membership. You are required to act with intentionality to connect participants to our purpose through service. As an organization committed to living our purpose we show up to welcome, connect, support, and invite our participants to connect with each other and the YMCA. The Welcome Center Staff reports to the Program Director. This is a part-time role based out of the Southwest YMCA.
What are the details?
- To enthusiastically engage and greet each member/guest that come in the YMCA. Responds to the individual needs of the other person.
- Position may be required to open or close the facility and have key-holding responsibility. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Provides Cause Driven tours to potential new members and uses Listen First skills before and during the tour. Follows branch protocols for prospective members.
- Keeps informed of all branch activities & schedules in order to provide exceptional member service.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs the supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Reconcile end-of-shift money received through the sale of membership, merchandise, mini-camp, and program registrations.
- Must maintain the highest accuracy with front desk procedures, policies and serve as a role model to other staff.
- This position is fast-paced, data-entry heavy, and requires computer experience and software literacy.
- Be aware of financial assistance offerings including handling financial assistance applications and transactions confidentially.
- Atten9.00d meetings and trainings necessary for maintaining/increasing job knowledge.
- Complete all other job duties assigned
- Minimum of 16 years of age
What you bring to the Purpose:
- You are committed to contributing to the mission of the YMCA.
- You are able to take direction and work well with others.
- You have an outgoing personality and strong customer service skills
- You are energetic, assertive and goal-oriented.
- You have reliable transportation to attend work.
- You are able to deal creatively and effectively with problems.
- You are able to work a flexible schedule during operational hours; 5:00 am - 10:00 pm.
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Flexible schedules
- Resume builder
- Paid training hours
- Opportunities for advancement
Pay Rate: $9.00 - $11.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.