YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welcome Center Staff - Camp Moody
at YMCA of Austin
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen the community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As Welcome Center Staff, you will play a critical role in serving our members, program participants and providing a quality experience for everyone who enters our doors. You will serve as the focal point for all member inquiries, program registration, and all questions related to Camp Moody programming and membership. You are required to act with intentionality to connect participants to our purpose through service. As an organization committed to living our purpose we show up to welcome, connect, support, and invite our participants to connect with each other and YMCA Camp Moody. The Welcome Center Staff reports to the Senior Program Director. This is a part-time role based out of Camp Moody that begins in March.
What are the details?
- Greet/Acknowledge all members, guests, and program participants as they enter and leave the YMCA.
- Actively and enthusiastically, support the Branch goals, Association goals and directions through effective completion of tasks and verbal display to peers, staff, members, and guests.
- Provide information to current and prospective members about YMCA programs and memberships.
- Use member database, administer appropriate fees and accept payment for any related services/program.
- Complete, post and keep accurate records for all transactions.
- Respond to patrons' needs. If unable to respond immediately, inform the patron of when they can expect a response to their needs. Take responsibility for following up with the appropriate YMCA personnel to assure questions get answered/issues get resolved in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all members check-in using their membership card and are greeted by name in a prompt manner.
- Utilize YMCA Customer Service Standards at all times
- Assist in ensuring the health and safety of all patrons.
- Monitor the use of supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Complete all other job duties assigned
What you bring to the Purpose:
- You are committed to contributing to the mission of the YMCA.
- You have some experience in a customer service setting.
- You are able to take direction and work well with others.
- You are able to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner.
- You are energetic, assertive and goal-oriented.
- You have reliable transportation to attend work.
- You have a current First Aid/CPR certification or you are committed to obtaining the certifications within 30 days of employment.
- You write in a clear, concise and logical fashion to complete reports and correspondence.
- You are able to problem solve concrete variables in standardized situations.
- You are able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Flexible schedules
- Resume builder
- Paid training hours
- Opportunities for advancement
Pay Rate: $9.50 - $12.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.