YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Swim Instructor - Springs
at YMCA of Austin
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause through our service and engagement principles. Every day we:
- Welcome – Smile greet members by name, introduce yourself.
- Connect – Ask questions, share a story, introduce them to other staff and members.
- Support – Affirm and encourage them, wish them well.
- Invite – Share opportunities to get involved and give back to the community.
Join us and help transform lives.
The Springs Family Branch is seeking Swim Instructors to join our team. We are looking for applicants that have availability to work a flexible schedule.
Pay Rate: $9.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Swim Instructor is responsible for providing a safe and positive instructional swimming environment for YMCA members and program participants. The Instructor will focus on ages 6 months and up. The Swim Instructor must provide strong leadership, instruction (in accordance with National YMCA Aquatic Program Guidelines) and motivation for students in swimming classes.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Reliable transportation to attend work.
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA.
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- First Aid
- Swim Lesson Instructor (WSI or YSLI) preferred
- The YMCA of Austin can provide the CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen, and YSLI courses on site for a fee.
- Free YMCA membership
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
- Discount on program fees
- 10% discount on Childcare/Summer Camp
- Flexible schedules