YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Swim Instructor - Hays
at YMCA of Austin
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s Purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As a Swim Instructor, you will play a critical role in providing a safe and positive instructional swimming environment for YMCA members and program participants, ages 6 months and up. You will provide strong leadership, instruction (in accordance with the National YMCA Aquatic Program Guidelines) and motivation for students in swimming classes. This is a part-time role based out of the Hays YMCA.
- Swim Instructors who meet certain criteria may be eligible for a bonus up to $200
- Free YMCA membership
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
- Discount on program fees
- Flexible schedules
- Resume builder
- Paid training hour
- Opportunities for advancement
What you bring to the Purpose:
- You are a minimum of 16 years old and have strong swimming skills.
- You’re a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- You treat everyone with courtesy, respect, and consideration.
- You communicate in a clear and pleasant manner.
- You embrace differences among people.
- You demonstrate an active willingness to learn and grow.
- You are committed to successfully deliver the YMCA Progressive Swimming Program Objectives.
- You are able to work a flexible schedule during branch operating hours.
Pay Rate: $9.00 - $16.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.