YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Exercise Instructor - Northwest
at YMCA of Austin
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY OCTOBER 31, 2019
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause through our service and engagement principles.
Every day we:
- Welcome – Smile greet members by name, introduce yourself.
- Connect – Ask questions, share a story, introduce them to other staff and members.
- Support – Affirm and encourage them, wish them well.
- Invite – Share opportunities to get involved and give back to the community.
Join us and help transform lives.
The Northwest YMCA Branch in Austin, TX is seeking Group Exercise Instructors to join the team. We are looking for applicants that can work a flexible schedule on weekends and evenings, up to 28 hours per week.
Pay Rate: $19.00 to $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
Under the direction of the Health & Wellness Director, the Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for facilitating group exercise and cardio agility/interval classes to a diverse audience of varying fitness levels. Instructor must maintain the fitness center clean.
- General Group Ex Certification
- Specialty Certifications (Les Mills, Zumba, etc.) is a plus
- Must have current CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Must be interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
- Must have reliable transportation to attend work
- Must build relationships with members
- Free YMCA membership
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
- Discount on program fees
- 10% discount on Childcare/Summer Camp
- Flexible schedules