YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Watch Lead - Northwest
at YMCA of Austin
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As a Child Watch Lead, you are responsible for supervising all aspects of the classroom programs and executing the daily curriculum. You will be assigning daily cleaning and break schedules. You will foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth. You will complete all other duties as assigned. This lead is a part-time position, based out of the Northwest YMCA.
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Flexible schedules
- Resume builder
- Paid training hours
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee discounts on programs and more.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You are a minimum of 18 years old and have 2 years of working experience in a Childcare setting. You are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Youth/Child Care Development.
- Teamwork: You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you are able to work well with others.
- Organized and Productive: You are organized, able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments.
- Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- Flexible: You can work in an ambiguous environment and demonstrate an openness to change in service of our organization and departmental goals
- Availability: You are able to work up to 28 hours a week, during the following time frames: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am-1:15 pm, Monday through Friday, 4:00 pm-8:15 pm, and Saturday, 8:00 am - 1:15 pm.
Pay Rate: $10.00-$12.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.