YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Administrative Specialist - Program Services
at YMCA of Austin
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause through our service and engagement principles. Every day we:
- Welcome – Smile greet members by name, introduce yourself.
- Connect – Ask questions, share a story, introduce them to other staff and members.
- Support – Affirm and encourage them, wish them well.
- Invite – Share opportunities to get involved and give back to the community.
Join us and help transform lives.
The Program Services YMCA Branch in Austin, TX is seeking a part-time Bilingual Administrative Specialist to join our team. We are looking for applicants who are available Monday through Friday between 7:00am-6:30pm.
Pay Rate: $9.50 to $10.00 per hour, depending on experience
The Administrative Specialist will work closely with the Accounts Director in assisting with entering program registration information, answering phones, taking payments, and all other duties as assigned by the Accounts Director and Business Director.
Under the direction of the YMCA Accounts Director, the Administrative Specialist is responsible for:
- Promoting and incorporating the YMCA five core values, 40 Developmental Assets, and character development model into all program activities
- Assisting in the communication of program information to members and participants
- Enter/edit participant information into database in a thorough and timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with third-party billing participants and vendors regarding registrations, billing, and/or cancellations.
- Communicate effectively with financial assistance participants regarding registrations, billing and/or cancellations.
- Completes programs registrations, including Summer Camp, Afterschool, Youth & Government, MEND, ELR, etc.
- Collaborates with Accounts Director, Accounts Coordinator, and Family Engagement Coordinator regarding client registrations and billing information
- Responsible for minimal cash handling including participant payments and weekly Shift Close-Outs
- Provides accurate and timely program communication to YMCA staff, Directors, and Executives
- Responds to all member and participant inquiries and complaints in a timely manner
- Serve as a non-exempt staff member to the YMCA of Austin, performing those duties as assigned by Business Director and Branch Executive Director.
- Actively and enthusiastically support the Branch and Association goals and directions through effective completion of tasks and verbal display to peers, staff, members and guests.
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
- Reliable transportation to attend work
- Can work Monday through Friday anywhere from 7:00am-6:30pm
- Can work up to 28 hours per week
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of member relations system and/or database
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to apply knowledge of accounting and finance basics
- Must assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product
- Able to multi-task
- Free YMCA membership
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
- Discount on program fees
- 10% discount on Childcare/Summer Camp
- Flexible schedules