YMCA of Austin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Afterschool Program Leader - Northwest Austin
at YMCA of Austin
The Program Services YMCA Branch in Austin, TX is seeking Afterschool Program Leaders to join our team for the 2019-2020 school year in Austin ISD, Hays CISD, Manor ISD, Round Rock ISD, and area charter schools. We are looking for applicants who are available Monday through Friday between 2:00pm or 2:30-6:30 pm, who would like to work in the greater Austin area.
Hiring now as training begins in July and school starts in early August. Openings in the south, east, central, and northwest Austin, Manor, Buda, and Kyle.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Join us and help transform lives.
Pay Rate: The following are starting rates for each position (increase depending on experience):
- Counselors: $11.00 per hour
- Assistant Site Directors: $12 per hour
- Site Directors: $13 per hour
The YMCA of Austin Afterschool & Learning Center programs is now hiring Counselors, Assistant Site Directors, and Site Directors for the 2019-2020 school year.
Staff members lead enrichment activities (arts, STEM, college & career readiness, health & wellness, global learning & inclusion, leadership development, service-learning, organized CATCH games) while helping with homework and reading. Responsibilities include the supervision of children, the implementation of daily and weekly activities, and communication with parents.
Afterschool programs will operate in 20+ elementary schools across Austin ISD, Hays CISD, Manor ISD, Round Rock ISD, and area charter schools. Employment includes a free individual YMCA of Austin membership and paid training hours. Enjoy fun and active afternoons while making a difference in the lives of children!
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be a high school graduate
- Must become certified in CPR & FA after hiring
- Reliable transportation to attend work
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Must be able to individually and with a co-worker to lead a group of participants
- Competitive wages
- Consistent afternoon schedule
- Paid training hours
- Free CPR & First Aid certifications
- Referral and retention bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Resume builder
- Free individual membership to the YMCA of Austin
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
- Discount on program fees