Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director, Paid Media
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Employment Duration
- Regular Full-Time
The goal of every Wunderman Thompson campaign is to inspire people to take action. We’re different from other agencies because key to everything we do is proving that our strategies make a difference. We’re more than a good idea machine — we want to show clients that great strategies backed by data and executed correctly across channels have bottom-line impacts.
To help us succeed, Wunderman is seeking an Associate Director for our Paid Media team. This role reports to the VP of Paid Media and would be responsible for translating our clients’ business objectives into strategic digital media plans, while helping grow our media practice. The position requires a detail-oriented, self-starter who can use data to inform media planning decisions across channels (display, paid social, native, paid search, influencer programs, etc.). They can take ownership of a body of work – ensuring that deliverables are high-quality, pushing the work to be better and keeping client satisfaction high. The role will interface with internal teams (media, strategy, analytics, creative) and will serve as the lead on key client accounts. Responsibilities would include media planning, strategy & negotiation; managing vendor and client relationships, leading media sales efforts and managing individual Media Planners and Buyers.
This job is preferred to be based in Memphis, TN where the Digital Performance Media office resides, but could also be located in Chicago or Austin offices.
- Lead client media strategy
- Develop and present strategic media strategies and plans to meet client objectives
- Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to optimization and/or planning and buying decisions. Contribute to campaign analytics and insights development.
- Exhibit thought leadership within the agency, with clients and in the industry.
- Effective collaboration and ideation across teams including SEO, content, creative, strategy and analytics.
- Strategize campaign development, and then manage results through performance analysis and optimization efforts
- Audit team deliverables at quality checkpoints prior to execution and coach team members as needed
- Make recommendations for internal team processes so that the workflow of the team is efficient, streamlined, and ensured to produce quality outputs
- Ensure media team resources are aligned and meeting deliverables
- Provide leadership to current media team members to help them grow and advance their media expertise and overall value to the media team
- Active involvement in new business development and scoping exercises
Things we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of digital media planning, buying and team oversight in an agency setting. Experience across multiple channels preferred.
- Deep understanding of the power of data and how to harness it for actionable insights
- Strong proficiency using third-party media planning tools (comScore, Nielsen)
- Strong grasp of tools, formats and platforms including: AdWords, Bing, TradeDesk, Doubleclick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Bid Manager, HTML5, Facebook Business Manager, Video Ads, Programmatic Creative vs. Dynamic Creative Optimization, Google Merchant Center, etc.
- Understanding of attribution modelling, measurement and analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – Must have a knack for telling a story with data and ideas
- Experience analyzing data and market research
- Strong social media, display media and paid search experience (Expertise may be weighted toward one channel, but must have working knowledge across all)
- Experience with content and influencer marketing is a plus
- Pharma or Healthcare experience is a strong plus