Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architectural/Structural/Roofing CAD Technician ● Austin, TX
at Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, inc.
The Austin office of WJE is seeking an Architectural/Structural/Roofing Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) Technician for a full-time position. The candidate will prepare construction documents for the repair and rehabilitation of various building systems, including structural, facades and cladding, roofing, and waterproofing systems.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, driven with enthusiasm for producing high quality, accurate drawings efficiently, and within budget. The individual must currently have the experience and CAD expertise necessary to prepare preliminary and final drawings using the information derived from existing construction documents, backgrounds, or rough layouts and with assistance from the project team through field notes, sketches, or verbal instructions. In addition to preparing construction drawings, the technician will also be expected to provide input and assist with the updating and maintaining of our local and companywide CAD standards and detail library. Revit experience is also preferred, but not required.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is a nationally recognized firm of materials scientists, engineers, and architects dedicated to providing practical, innovative, and technically sound solutions to problems in existing structures.
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Basic understanding of industrial design and drafting standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture 2018.
- An Associate degree in Construction Technology, Drafting Technology or Computer-Aided Design and Drafting. Certification with equivalent experience will be considered.
- Knowledgeable/Skilled with ancillary software such as Autodesk’s Revit BIM, Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to use progressive design software such as Google SketchUp, with the desire and willingness to achieve proficiency.
- Energy and Enthusiasm - Consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity; Candidate must be able to sustain extended working hours when necessary while maintaining effectiveness and a positive attitude in a team structure.
- Results oriented - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment while tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals.
- Attention to detail - Meticulous and quality oriented to ensure quality work product.
- Communication - Maintains effective communication during project development with project team and clients.
- Assumes Responsibility - Must be able to accept constructive criticism of work product, and correct problems proactively; not defensively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
- Ability to attend meetings at the various office, field, and construction sites
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials, and computer screens
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.