Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PATH 2.0 - Field Interviewer
at Westat, inc.
PATH 2.0 - Field Interviewer
Westat is currently seeking motivated and detail-oriented individuals to be field interviewers on the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) study. PATH collects information on tobacco use and examines attitudes about tobacco use as well as the short- and long-term health effects of such use.
The primary role of the PATH Field Interviewer is to locate sampled addresses and interview adults and youth in their homes for a longitudinal study. Interviewers show adult and youth respondents how to collect urine samples using self-collection kits. Interviewers also coordinate appointments with a trained phlebotomist who will take blood samples from selected adults. Interviewers regularly receive and transmit data via broadband and report progress and costs to their supervisor.
Interested applicants are required to view the PATH interviewer video to learn more about this position prior to submitting an application. To view the video, click the link below:
Or cut and paste this URL into your browser:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have a high school diploma or GED;
- Be available to complete a web-based home study training in late October prior to in-person training;
- Be available to attend a 3- or 7-day in-person, out-of-town training (the training session assignment is based on previous PATH interviewing experience):
- November 1st-3rd, 2020, for interviewers who previously worked on the PATH Study between December 1st, 2018 – November 30th, 2019.
- November 10th-16th, 2020, for all other interviewers hired to work on the PATH Study.
Note: In-person training dates and the requirement to attend in-person training may be adjusted and are contingent on COVID-19 rules and regulations.
- Live in Travis County, or surrounding counties;
- Be available to work during the data collection period from December 2020 through November 2021;
- Be available to work 20 hours per week, mostly evenings and weekends, at specified days/times when work is available;
- Be willing to travel locally for project work. Employees needing to travel for project work or training must ensure that they have proper documentation that meets the REAL ID requirements;
- Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations, which include: lifting and carrying 30 pounds of equipment and materials; walking several blocks; and climbing a flight of stairs while carrying equipment;
- Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long-distance calling feature, either landline or cellular;
- Have regular and reliable access to a high-speed Internet connection;
- Have regular and reliable access to an insured vehicle; and
- Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension.
- In-person interviewing experience;
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English;
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life and socio-economic groups;
- Comfortable using a laptop computer;
- Able to establish and maintain a good rapport with study respondents;
- Comfortable working in unfamiliar locations and knocking on doors;
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Work successfully in a team environment with little direct supervision.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the specific position, which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, motor vehicle driving record history, and criminal or sexual offender records history.
This is a part-time non-exempt position not initially eligible for health insurance. Interviewer pay rates are based on location where work is performed. An additional fringe benefit of $4.54 per hour will be deposited into a 401(k). Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
TX - Austin