Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IT Business Analyst
at Wesco Aircraft
Wesco Aircraft is a dynamic, global company looking for enthusiastic team members to support our vision: To generate value in everything we do every day as a highly engaged team delivering the best customer experience. We invest in our employees, providing outstanding opportunities for career progression and personal development. We invite you to explore a career with our Wesco Aircraft IT team in Austin, Texas.
The Senior Business Analyst is accountable for bridging the gap of understanding between business needs and technological efficiencies, by proactively researching and documenting requirements for medium to large projects with a degree of complexity; working directly with project leaders to scope new projects, assisting business unit partners and end-users in evaluating Wesco’s current systems and processes; and validating opportunities for improvements to business processes and information systems.
Once a business process improvement need has been validated, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for fulfilling a significant role in the strategic project plan and may serve as a liaison for the project. If applicable, the role may be accomplished by leading and/or mentoring a team of business analysts in generating visual workflow graphs and specification documents (to clearly define what actions the business must take in order to resolve a business issue); effectively communicating the requirements necessary to efficiently engage developers and programmers; and communicating and working cohesively with all entities to plan and execute a complete project lifecycle, resulting in the delivery of reliable work products to meet the business needs. The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the management of IT projects and will provide technical direction for the project as well as managing the resources and schedule of those projects, utilizing internal resources and consultants when appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain knowledge, as it relates to all business unit processes and functions and the current business environment
- Proactively elicit and collaborate with business unit leaders to document current and future business process and information flow maps; and identify and perform root cause analysis of current process and information management inefficiencies
- In partnership with other team members and other teams, lead the development of qualitative and quantitative business cases for process improvements, and automation initiatives
- Present and communicate formal project proposals to management and effectively negotiate support, and business unit consensus, for potential changes
- Generate detailed and clearly defined Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirements Documents (FRDs) and steps required to develop or modify computer programs, including but not limited to, documenting algorithms, identifying logical system architecture, and specifying system interfaces
- Partner with senior managers and other senior business analysts to develop solution alternatives for business requirements
- May lead or mentor a process improvement (PI) team of business analysts, and coordinate the design, development and programming resource personnel through the completion of the project lifecycle
- Develop test plans to facilitate the concept phase for designated IT-enabled initiatives
- Support and oversee User Acceptance Test (UAT) activities through careful evaluation of successes and correction of failures, to ensure quality of the end-user deliverables
- Develop Quality Assurance Plans to set quality parameters and expectations for deliverables
- Practice and foster good working relationships and customer service with all levels of the organization and inter- department personnel
- Develop user guides, provide management training, and provide support for the end-user in the development of new work processes and updated work instructions
- Maintain knowledge of most current information technology application upgrades and system capabilities
- Attend internal department and business partner meetings, as well as company sponsored technology workshops or training, as required
- Manage IT Projects including the generation of a project plan and schedule with Gantt Charts and projects updates for the steering committee
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major in in Business Analysis, is preferred; or equivalent I.T. or business experience - Business Analysis Certification is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated business requirement analysis experience, with a strong knowledge of the Fundamentals of Business Analysis, information systems and programs
- Successful experience working with multiple business units, environments and processes to design highly usable applications
- Strong, proven ability to provide leadership and mentoring to others
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-discipline environment
- Excellent conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills, as well as good interpersonal problem-solving with a strong desire for delivering high quality, enterprise technology solutions to internal customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong questioning and listening skills and ability to look beyond obvious answers to understand the impact across the organization
- Experience with system development processes and appropriate documentation
- Strong ability to easily analyze ambiguous information received, and work through the process of translating the information into relative requirements, to be clearly understood and utilized by developers and programmers
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Wesco Aircraft is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Wesco is proud to offer a broad range of benefits options. You can choose from a number of plans including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and voluntary supplemental programs. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits coverage.
Wesco Aircraft is one of the world’s leading distributors and providers of comprehensive supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry, based on annual sales. Our services range from traditional distribution to the management of supplier relationships, quality assurance, kitting, just-in-time delivery, chemical management services, third-party logistics or fourth-party logistics and point-of-use inventory management. We offer one of the world’s broadest portfolios of aerospace products, including C-class hardware, chemical and electrical and comprised of more than 563,000 active stock-keeping units. Wesco Aircraft has more than 2,900 employees across 50 locations globally with net sales of $1.6 billion in 2018. Apply online at: www.wescoair.com