Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Manager - Construction
at Webber, LLC
- 02-Mar-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- Project Opportunities
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Project Opportunities
Job Description: Safety Manager
Location Austin, TX
Pay Range Commensurate with industry experience
Schedule Typically, Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM but occasionally up to six (6) days per week
Travel Occasional travel throughout Texas and daily travel around job site
The Safety Manager is responsible to take ownership of safety on various large waterworks projects throughout Texas. The Safety Manager frequently visits jobsites to ensure safety in compliance with company policy as well as federal/state guidelines.
Regular Job Duties
- Ensure a "Safety First" attitude throughout the project from all levels of management and operations
- Ensure corporate and project specific safety and health policies as well as federal (OSHA), state and local safety standards
- Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, work plans, etc.
- Supervise, manage, and direct the selection, training, development, and appraisal of project safety.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with the owner or the owner's representative, PLW personnel, and public entities.
- Read, understand, and plan according to the work specifications and contract responsibilities
- Anticipate project conflicts, communicate preventative action plans, and implement solutions to avoid issues
- Understand and plan work according to project plans
- Oversight of Subcontractors
- Monitor and report safety incidents and reports
- Compile reports and metrics as needed and/or required
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Conduct orientations and training as needed
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- CSHO or CSHT certification preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in managing construction safety
- Valid driver license for frequent travel
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Some exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind. Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.