Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Senior Associate I, II, or III - Private Client Services
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients’ success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 37th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine. Weaver employs more than 700 people in eleven offices from coast to coast.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in the financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate and health care industries, as well as the public sector. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at www.weaver.com.
Weaver’s Private Client Services team is looking for Tax Seniors to join their growing team. The Private Client Services team at Weaver helps clients manage and preserve their personal wealth. Our scope of services includes, but is not limited to tax planning and preparation, entity structuring, wealth preservation, family succession consulting, and family office services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures, Core values, demonstrate their importance to others, and provide input to management on suggested modifications to Firm policies and procedures as necessary
- Work closely with all team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in engagement objectives through effective and timely communication
- Consistently assume responsibility for assigned engagements under the supervision of more experienced staff and prepare tax returns and/or communicated engagement objectives with limited guidance
- Maintain and continue to develop good working relationships and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prepare, and deliver work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget
- Continue to develop knowledge of all services offered by the firm and look for cross-selling opportunities
- Continue to expand understanding of tax and accounting concepts and knowledge
- Continue development of technical expertise in niche area and gain an understanding of the industry as a whole
- Research and resolve technical and complex tax return and accounting issues, consulting with more experienced staff as necessary
- Assist and mentor staff, actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters learning
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the clients operations and accounting systems, financial condition, and the industry in which it operates
- Work with your Direct Report to develop a charge goal, along with a plan to achieve and monitor your monthly and annual goal
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is achieved
- Demonstrate significant progress towards acquisition of CPA license if not already licensed
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPA’s in discharging their professional responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with high-net-worth individuals, trusts, estates, and closely-held business
- CPA candidate required, CPA preferred
- 2-4+ years of public accounting or industry experience, or a combination of both
- Experience using QuickBooks, CCH Axcess, CCH Engagement, or similar software
- Ability to manage multiple project and engagement teams for various clients
- Experience supervising 1-3 or more individuals
- Demonstrate independent thinking and strong decision-making skills
- Sufficient technical skills to perform all essential duties and responsibilities for the position
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Referral Program Eligible