Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead MICB Instructor
at Vista College
Vista College currently hiring for a Lead MIBC Instructor at our Killeen, Texas campus.
The Lead Instructor reports to the Program Director for curriculum development, instructor evaluation, faculty development, teaching support, and supervisor responsibilities. The Lead Instructor is a master teacher in his/her subject area and an effective classroom manager. The instructor understands and follows the philosophy and rules of the institution in conducting classes and works collaboratively with the other members of the school staff and faculty.
The Lead Instructor must be able to relate well with the students, instructors and other faculty members, and with the administration; the ability to keep calm during difficult circumstances, and the ability to maintain a professional attitude in the classroom.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct and/or participate in strategic retention initiatives as appropriate for the MIBC program success.
- Familiar with certifications within the program to enhance student success including NHA, AHIMA, and CPC.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates curriculum and instructional materials, adheres to course outlines and provides students with a course syllabus.
- Acquaints all students with the course requirements including specific objectives, means of attaining them, and methods of evaluation by the end of the first week of student start date.
- Uses a variety of teaching methods and media designed to reach students of varying educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles
- Assists in the selection of textbooks and other instructional materials.
- Participates in development of standards for admission, progression, probation and dismissal of students.
- Posts and maintains office hours per institutional guidelines.
- Serves as academic advisor, provides guidance and counseling, and provides appropriate leadership and supervision in student activities.
- Participates in all areas of departmental responsibility such as proposing programs, projects and exhibiting leadership in their implementation; participates on committees in an effective, timely manner; works with other faculty to accomplish the goals of the school.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of additional staff members.
- Contributes to the governance of the school through active service on committees and through participation in meetings
- Participates in faculty orientation sessions, and professional development seminars and activities to enhance professional development; accepts the responsibility for professional awareness and growth.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or directed by the Program Director
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The Lead Instructor must:
•Have relevant teaching experience based on the regulatory requirements of the program
•Have 5 years of experience in the program they are teaching and supporting
•Must have worked in a teaching or program leadership capacity for Vista for 1 year
•No performance management issues for the last 6 months prior to this role
•No attendance issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
•Knowledge is based on the program (see school catalog)
•Ability to train others faculty effectively
•Proven skills in developing and managing processes
•Proven teaching skills and techniques to reach students
•Technical skills based on the program’s needs
•Ability to work off hours as needed
•Some lifting may be required based on program
•Mostly indoors but can vary based on program
Job Openings by Campus locations:
At Vista College, our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. Our smaller class sizes allow students to receive personalized attention, and our emphasis on hands-on learning help students develop real-world experience that they can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams
Do you have an affinity for helping others make progress in their lives? Do you want to work in an environment committed to intellectual curiosity and lifelong education? Vista College may be just the place for you!
In a word, people are what set Vista College apart. Our teachers, administrators and support staff are the backbone of our success, and why we have endured in the competitive field of continuing education for over a quarter of a century. As a member of the Vista College family, you are an essential part of an operation committed to helping individuals better their lives through ongoing education that creates new opportunities.
Our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. We maintain smaller class sizes so students receive personalized attention from our knowledgeable instructors. And, our emphasis on hands-on learning helps students develop real-world experience that can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams.
To learn more about our team of professionals, join our Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?