Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Engageswith Pursuits and Proposals Teams to develop and manage procurement strategiesfor 3rd party goods and services for all Solutions Group Proposals andProjects. The Strategic Sourcing Manager serves as a Global point of contactfor Technical Solution Sales (TSS), Solutions Architects (SA) and Solution Delivery Mangers (SDMs) forinterface with Local Procurement Leads, Strategic Sourcing Specialists and 3rdparty vendors (professional services, equipment and construction) for issues related to strategic proposals andpurchases.
TheStrategic Sourcing function is responsible for pre-proposal tracking andforecasting of workload and potential 3rd party goods and servicescontent for projects. This position insures the professional and timelyresponse to all project proposal activities including the development of optimalprocurement and execution/execution strategies for 3rd party goodsand services activity. This position is responsible for proposal cost avoidancenegotiation and reporting. When Vertiv Solutions Group is successful in projectbidding, this position is responsible for developing all major contracts from proposalto execution of the final contract with the selected suppliers includingtechnical compliance, price and terms, and transitions this work to the localproject execution team for tactical and transactional execution. This positioncollaborates with a center led category group responsible for global proposaland execution of categories as assigned where applicable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously monitor regional and global markets and supplier developments to proactively engage in strategic sourcing events
- Utilize Supply Chain Management tools to effectively prosecute both strategic aspects of proposals and projects
- Participate in Project Pursuit meetings to develop and update proposal schedules
- Develop Strategic Sourcing Plans in proposal initiation with sales and pursuits to develop and administer a strategic 3rd party goods and services plan
- Ensure the development and communicate the proper Project Procurement response to preliminary Requests for Quotation (RFQ's)
- Actively participate in proposal responses with final RFQ preparation, supplier evaluations and bid pricing analysis
- Identify commercial and business risk associated with 3rd party goods and services
- Manage Project Procurement response to bids including bid analysis and recommendations for position and pricing
- Develop a 3rd party goods and services execution plan to ensure proposal strategy to project execution with TSS and SAs.
- Participate in all lessons learned analysis to identify lessons to be learned for future bid and execution responses
- Prepare requests for quotations for all major contract modifications, negotiate and formalize supplier response and update contracts
- Ensure the overall company trade compliance for 3rd party goods and services
- Develop and finalize all major subcontracts or purchase agreements for projects
- Maintains awareness of corrective action activities in accordance with corrective action plans during project execution
- Develop data requirements, collect and analyze the data including cost, cost levers and target costing issues
- Conduct customer requirement analysis to understand customers procurement needs and requirements and align these with pursuit requirements
- Define the contract negotiation strategy approach, including timeline and customer/ supplier requirements
- Lead contract negotiation preparation and contract negotiations with suppliers
- Identify opportunities for expanded supplier relationships to enable enhanced business partnerships and offerings
- Communicate results of improved performance to procurement organization
- Other related task that maybe assigned from time to time
- Ensure adherence to regulations and compliance
- Ensure compliance to Vertiv's Ethics Policy at all times
· Bachelor's(or its global equivalent) degree in Business, Supply Chain Management,Construction Management, Engineering (B.A./ B.S.) required
· Experiencein process controls, construction, EPC, large equipment purchases or otherrelevant industries strongly preferred
· Minimum8 - 10 years in a strategic sourcing role in relevant heavy electrical orconstruction supply chain role
YEARS OFEXPERIENCE IN DIRECT OR ASSOCIATED JOB DEFINED PROFILE
· Generalcontracts experience with and emphasis in the project, construction arena,large equipment and contract negotiations
· Procurement/Supply Chain relevant experience
· StrategicSourcing/ Category Management experience
ACCREDITATIONS,CERTIFICATIONS OR AFFILIATIONS
· CPSM(Certified Professional in Supply Management) from I.S.M. (Institute of SupplyManagement) preferred
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup.
We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers' business possible.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.