Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Location(s)Durango,Colorado; Chandler,Arizona; Lowell,Massachusetts; Cincinnati,Ohio; Denver,Colorado
Eligible for RelocationNo
Vantiv is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer. Visit Vantiv.com for more.
As Vantiv grows, so does our need to ensure we are protected from the many dangers that exist in the world of cyberspace, especially in a data-sensitive industry like payments processing. Security comes in many forms and we work hard to provide our customers with the peace of mind that their valuable data is safe with us.
The Application Security Engineer focuses on the critical work of developing and executing on software security projects and processes to ensure Vantiv maintains healthy and secure products and services.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Vantiv, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
- Support the effort to research and document secure coding techniques, including via standards, best practices, and patterns
- Collaborate with engineering and QA teams to ensure secure development standards and secure coding best practices are followed
- Provide technical advice to internal organizations in the area of information security, specializing in application-level security and secure coding techniques
- Help develop and deliver training around secure development lifecycle and secure coding practice
- Assist in evaluating and prioritizing newly discovered or reported software and implementation vulnerabilities by severity and risk
- Participate in evaluation processes for application security tools and services
- Maintain and support application security tools, including static and dynamic security analysis solutions, and develop related documentation
- Participate in the development of process documentation
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures/practices to determine appropriate action
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Experience in one of the following JAVA, ASP.NET, C#, and SQL
- Security certification (CISSP, CSSLP or relevant SANS GIAC) desired
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.