University Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University Federal Credit Union
About the Job
As a Full Time Teller, you will serve as a primary point of contact for processing Member transactions and requests. Eager to build strong, long-term meaningful relationships, our Tellers have a passion for exceptional Member service. Tellers strive to provide an exceptional Member experience by effectively communicating with Members to understand Member needs, providing assistance to Members, identifying product and service needs, answering Member questions, identifying solutions, and resolving Member requests and issues.
As Austin’s largest locally-owned financial institution, University Federal Credit Union is a financial institution owned by, dedicated to, and always working for our Members. Our mission at UFCU is simple: to provide for the well-being of our Members. We’re proud to focus on people — not profits. We deliver fair and honest products and outstanding service, and we work collaboratively within our organization as well as our community to help Members achieve their personal and financial goals.
Consistently receiving awards as the Top Credit Union and Top Mortgage Company, UFCU is proud of its people-first culture. We value our employees as much as our Members. We offer an environment where people care about each other – like family. If you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community, and have the power to help people change their lives – then we’re glad you’re here.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Greet members
- Maintain branch appearance
- Explain basic products and services
- Identify product needs
- Answer member questions
- Resolve member issues
- Conduct system navigation on various computer systems
- Process address, phone number, and email changes
- Process check re-orders
- Establish direct deposit
- Assist with online and mobile banking
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Complete required regulatory training as assigned.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations and internal controls specific to your role, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulation.
- Process transactions, mail deposits, night drop, and cash advances
- Grant access to safe deposit box
- Scan transit and on-us checks
- Validate accuracy and process member checks
- Place and communicate check holds
- Print documents, including statements, temporary checks, and direct deposit forms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively build relationships, establish rapport, and diplomatically communicate information
- Effective active listening skills
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and effective problem solving skills to help identify and resolve Member issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent teamwork skills by treating others with respect, courtesy, and displaying a “what can I do to help?” attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment background screening, including FBI fingerprint, credit, education, and employment verification
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six (6) months of Teller or cash handling experience
- Minimum of six (6) months of customer service experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance-related field may substitute for experience requirements
- Minimum of six (6) months working in a team environment
- English/Spanish bilingual
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Credit Union experience
- General knowledge of applicable financial industry regulations
- Military experience
Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm and Saturday from 9am to 2pm.
About This Career Opportunity
We’re always looking for great talent. If you’re looking for a career with a socially conscious, service-oriented organization and want to have fun while you’re at it, join our UFCU team!