University Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager - Human Resources
at University Federal Credit Union
The Senior Manager of Human Resources (HR) ensures that the credit union’s people are a competitive advantage aligned with our mission and member focus. Will lead, motivate, and inspire HR staff—with a specific focus on growing their skills, knowledge and abilities.
A successful Senior Manager of HR understands the collaboratively developed strategic direction of Human Resources and Organizational Development; and uses that understanding to lead the recruitment and staffing, employee relations, and compensation and benefits functions of the credit union. Has a good understanding of the applicable employment law and knows when to seek legal advice. By consistently demonstrating credibility, listening actively, and engaging in problem solving, will support a positive organizational culture to attract and retain top talent.
As a part of the Senior Management team, the Senior Manager of HR will engage in open and direct conversation with peers to promote the success of the organization and its strategic initiatives. By leveraging subject-matter expertise, creating successful partnerships with external resources, and engaging in effective collaboration with all internal stakeholders and other senior managers, the Senior Manager of HR will be a trusted partner to the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Function Description
· Develop and direct specific Human Resources programs, including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, recruitment, and employee relations.
· Analyze data to determine trends and recommend resource allocation and use.
· Drive talent management, compensation and benefits, and employee relations strategy to align with UFCU’s strategic objectives.
· Identify and lead the implementation of HR best practices throughout the organization.
· Transition HR services to a Human Resource Business Partner model with a focus on high touch and high level of service.
· Demonstrate success in mentoring and motivating staff to peak performance and managing diverse teams to accomplish a wide range of business objectives. Develop employees and create career path growth opportunities.
· Establish 1:1 coaching, set annual performance goals for HR staff, allocate resources, and assess HR staff performance annually and salary administration.
· Ensure effective use of technology—providing design direction and support when needed—to meet critical HR objectives and key requirements.
· Champion organization design and change processes within the department.
· Determine workload methods and standards, establish measures of effectiveness, evaluate and implement changes in work methods as needed.
Recruitment: Identify and recruit top talent for all levels. Includes sourcing and placement of job postings, negotiating recruitment agency fees, interviewing, and employment offers.
Compensation: Develop and execute a process to determine compensation and bonus structures. Research salary trends and recommend appropriate increases. Conduct salary audits to ensure compliance with FLSA and Pay Equity laws.
Employee Relations: Handle employee relations matters with all staff, assisting managers in resolving performance and interpersonal issues. Make recommendations for promotions. Counsel employees regarding work-related questions, issues, and problems.
Employee Benefits: Review, develop, recommend, and administer cost-efficient, appropriate benefit programs. Negotiate with vendor partners to ensure that we invest non-profit dollars wisely.
Company Policies: Write, communicate, and implement policies and procedures for all offices, ensuring consistency of practice and compliance with employment laws. Review policies with senior management and outside counsel.
Stakeholder Communication: Develop stakeholder analysis and communication strategies/plans with Sr. Management team. Proactively collaborate with Organizational Development team to determine organizational readiness, develop change management and communication plans.
Key Performance Indicators: Collaborate with senior management to set and manage Human Resource team Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Coaching and Leadership Development: Provide coaching and development of Human Resource team members in support of strategic goals and individual development.
Internal Business Partner:
· Ability to think strategically and build systems and processes for effective talent acquisition and management organization-wide.
· Experience leading in a Human Resource Business Partner model with a high touch, high service approach.
· Experience as a trusted partner building core relationships with Human Resources team and key stakeholders.
· Exceptional people and communication skills, with in-depth listening skills, employee/customer service mentality, and a high degree of authenticity, integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
· Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with all levels of management; assist managers in meeting their strategic goals from an HR perspective.
· Collaborate and communicate HR roadmap with scalable HR solutions that align with UFCU approach with senior and executive leaders, support staff, and financial center teams.
· Present analysis and options for managing people-related, legal, or compliance risks to the business.
· Use analytical skills to determine costs for proposed solutions. Define alternative models and present final pricing recommendations to executive management for adoption.
· Translate business needs into HR and talent requirements and implement solutions.
· Oversee employee relations, including coaching and counseling Senior Leaders on issues; lead investigations, document findings and recommend course of action.
· Direct efforts to meet Company staffing initiatives; assist leaders with the development of workforce planning; work closely with recruiting teams to meet all goals.
· Cultivate key senior management relationships.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
· Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and internal controls specific to your role.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· At least seven years of senior level experience leading Human Resource function.
· Progressive and recent leadership within specific areas of employee relations, recruitment, and/or compensation and benefits.
· Prior expertise working with self-funded employee benefit programs preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
· High level of self-responsibility, willingness to constantly rethink and improve, and motivation to over-achieve goals.
· Strategic planning expertise in Human Resources to align talent with organizational vision, mission, and goals. Demonstrated experience in the core aspects of Human Capital Management (e.g., recruitment, career planning, performance management, retention, compensation & benefits, culture building).
· Superior writing and communication skills.
· Facilitative and collaborative team member, with openness to ideas and feedback from others.
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and coaching skills, with the ability to take a thoughtful and data-driven approach to addressing challenges.
· Experience with corporate wellness and community-oriented engagement initiatives.
· Professional Certification in Human Resources, Benefits or Compensation preferred.
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in database software, Microsoft Office Suite.
· Dedication to continuously improve the overall quality of work culture.
· Knowledge of state/federal employment laws and regulatory requirements.
· Ability to successfully pass pre-employment background screening, including FBI fingerprint search, credit check, education and employment verification.