Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP of Sales, UHC Global - Texas
at UnitedHealth Group
The Vice President of Sales is responsible primarily for providing direct business development of UHI's Global Solutions expatriate product. The VP will have responsibility for a large territory and will develop and cultivate relationships with global brokers and consultants, existing UHC clients and also prospect directly in the marketplace for sales opportunities. The individual will be networking at senior levels of UHC and the broker/consultant community. They will be responsible for meeting aggressive annual sales targets. The Director of Business Development will report to the Sales Vice President of Global Solutions. In addition, the Business Development Director's role will include high level account management, and knowledge management within the context of their revenue generation responsibilities.
If you are located in Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual practice revenue and profitability goals
- Build relationships with global practice leaders at the top global broker/consultant firms around the country
- Develop proactive client specific business development strategies
- Implement key client account development activities
- Successfully follow up leads, write proposals, and initiate client contact and contact with key brokers and consultants
- Successfully build and leverage relationships with UHC National Accounts and Key Accounts Sales Vice Presidents and Strategic Client Executives
- Regularly convert follow-up leads into sales through professional key account management
- Develop client and broker/consultant specific presentations and proposals
- Identify new market trends and formulate plans to capitalize on them that will lead to new revenue generation opportunities
- Utilize market knowledge and industry contacts to grow UHI's business
- Broaden the range of UHI's business within existing accounts
- Use consultative selling skills to achieve targeted revenues from assigned clients
- Assume primary business development responsibility for assigned clients. Seek collaborative support from others who are assigned shared revenue responsibility for the client
- The supportive role could include idea generation, proposal development, selected client presentations, etc.
- Work cooperatively across practice groups to provide business development and operational assistance as required to ensure that company's revenue and profitability goals are achieved
- Participate in and provide oversight of operational delivery of project content with matrix partners (across UHC clients and practices) in order to ensure that all deliverables achieve content integrity, client satisfaction, and company profitability
- Participate in strategic planning, operational improvements, and corporate initiatives for UHI
- Assume a leadership role with respect to competitive intelligence research and documentation, product development, staff development and knowledge management and identify services/products of value to existing and potential key client accounts
Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and ability to present to an audience
5 years sales experience in the group health insurance or related market with demonstrated performance in revenue generation
Experience in business to business sales with a focus on employee benefits
Ability to manage a sales territory independently while being a proactive member of the sales team
Work experience dealing with multinational corporations, expatriate populations, global travelers or international employee benefits
Careers at UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP of Sales, Vice President, Sales, UnitedHealthcare, UHC Global, Dallas, Austin, Houston, TX, Texas, Telecommute