United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PreOp/PACU RN - Full Time
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
f you thrive in a fast paced working environment with an energetic team then this is the place for you!
Medical Park Tower is a busy, multi-specialty surgery center located in the heart of Austin, Texas. We have 5 ORs and perform a broad range of outpatient surgical procedures including orthopedics, podiatry, urology, pain management, ophthalmology, and general surgery. We are a strong and stable facility that is associated with Ascension/Seton Healthcare as well as USPI.
Medical Park Tower is a mission-driven organization that strives to be the finest surgical care provider in the Austin-area. We achieve this vision by treating each patient and their family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time.
We are looking for caring, hard-working and enthusiastic individuals to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals! We offer a variety of rewarding and challenging career opportunities with competitive salaries, great benefits and professional development opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager of Pre-Op/PACU. Responsible for implementing the Pre-Op Nursing Assessment/Post Anesthesia Care record and nursing care plan. The Pre-OP/ PACU nurse is also responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patient’s condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time. At times, assist the physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Texas Nursing License
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, hospital staff, physicians, vendors and the public.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Excellent teaching skills
- Basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology