United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OR RN Manager
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Williamson Surgery Center is an Ambulatory Surgery Center in Round Rock, Texas and is looking for an experienced operating room nurse to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals. We offer our physicians efficient, safe turn over times and our patients unique personalized service. If you thrive on working in a fast paced environment with an energetic team this is the place for you! Our mission is to provide first class surgical services to the local community in a safe, comfortable, welcoming environment one in which we would be happy to treat our own families. We have 4 operating rooms offering a full range of surgical procedures including: Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Plastics/Reconstruction, ENT, Urology, Pain Management, Ophthalmology, Gynecology, and General Surgery.
We are currently search for an OR Manager to join our team. The OR Manager is responsible and accountable for coordinating and supervising the nursing care provided to patients having operative or other invasive procedures. The manager supports the mission, vision and values of the Center. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Clinical resource for perioperative services staff members using evidence-based knowledge and prevailing standards.
- Evaluates current practice through quality and performance improvement measures.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within the health care organization.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care.
- Use effective conflict resolution techniques.
- Operationally and fiscally manage the perioperative services department.
- Collect and analyze data that applies to perioperative services to facilitate collaboration and negotiation with stakeholders.
- Participate in interviews for staff selection.
- Assist in evaluating staff member performance.
- Serve as a role model of professional behavior.
- Assess the political climate within the organization.
- Ensure that the appropriate personnel, equipment, and supplies are available.
- Pursue professional growth and participate in professional organizations.
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current Texas RN license required, CNOR preferred.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- BLS, ACLS required.
- Five (5) years experience in surgery as an OR circulator.
- Two (2) years experience in surgery management.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with staff and physicians.