United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Under general supervision in an outpatient clinical setting, the LVN will assist with direct and indirect patient care. Participates with other facility members to provide optimal patient care. As a healthcare professional, participates in the development and implementation of the care of the patient. As an administrative assistant is supportive in various administrative tasks as assigned.
Collaborates with other facility staff including physicians in the pre-op, intra-op, and post –op areas as well as other ancillary staff to provide safe, efficient patient care. May be a member of facility committees to assess and promote quality patient care. Works cooperatively with all physicians utilizing the facility. Promotes positive relations with physicians and their office staff.
Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks in cooperation with RN’s, anesthesiologists and Radiology Techs in Pre-Op, Procedure rooms and PACU.
• Initiates the admitting paperwork and the initial interviewing of the patient when necessary to maintain a smooth patient flow.
• Assisting patients to the procedure room
• Assists in room turnover
• Able to open supplies aseptically
• Assisting patients onto the procedure table and positioning them for the appropriate procedure.
• Prepping the injection site.
• Obtaining and performing EKG’s when indicated.
• Monitoring and documenting vital signs
• Discontinuing the IV and preparing the patient for discharge.
• Reviewing the discharge instructions with the patient and their family.
• Escorting the patients to their vehicles after the RN’s assessment is complete.
2. Assists with indirect patient care and related tasks.
• Prepares saline syringes and IVs.
• Prepares and stocks the pre and post procedure cubicles
• Monitoring and maintaining cleanliness of clinical area.
• Downloading and filing Op Notes and other signed documents in patient charts
• Chart prep - setting up and organizing paperwork – reviewing for accuracy
. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Possesses an understanding of the range of treatment needed by patients dependent on the stage of growth and development of an age group’s life span.
Participates in staff meetings, committees, staff development and educational programs to meet personal, professional, facility certification and regulatory requirements.
Accepts responsibility for patient safety and assures safe practice.
Demonstrates competency necessary to perform patient care.
Participates as a member of the Center team to promote a positive working environment.
Adheres to policies and procedures of the facility.
Performs other duties as assigned
Must exhibit desirable trunk and extremity mobility and strength to perform job duties.
1. Must be licensed in the state of Texas
2. One year (minimum) clinical experience in an Ambulatory Surgery Center, doctor's office or hospital, working in one or all of these specialties: Pain Management, Cardiac, Neuro, or Emergent Care.
3. BLS Certification
4. Ability to communicate well with other healthcare professionals, understand medical terminology, spell and document correctly