United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
JOB TITLE: Admitting Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: Business Office
JOB SUMMARY: Interface with patients and families, physicians and staff, and visitors to the Surgery Center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare charts for admission of patients.
- Admit patients and process their paperwork.
- Update patient demographics/information in system.
- Obtain patient information i.e.: identification and insurance cards.
- Collect patient payments and document in billing documents. Handle funds per office procedures.
- Interact with clinical staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Prepare reports for upcoming surgery schedules.
General clerical duties.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering phones and other supporting receptionist tasks as assigned by Business Office Manager.
- Participate in USPI EDGE program.
- Assist with Medical Records and other functions, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent. One to three months of related experience and/or training. Or Equivalent combination of education and experience. Communication skills: ability to effectively present information to patients, physicians, and other employees of surgery center. Basic math skills. Computer competency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Working environment is representative of the essential functions of the job. Physical demands require employee to sit and answer the phone for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.