Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program/Project Manager I
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Program/Project Management
Contribute to a safer, secure and more sustainable World!
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Responsible for managing the implementation of significant projects involving complex systems or multiple deliverables which are global in scope. Plans and directs program schedules and budgets. Monitors program from project initiation through delivery, interfacing with stakeholders on applicable matters. Oversees the coordination of program/project activities which are very large scale, complex and global in scope. Assigns and monitors work of program staff.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives.
- Regularly interacts with executives and major internal/external customers. Interactions normally involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other senior managers.
- Directs and controls activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company having overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, methods and staff.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing career counseling, feedback, and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University degree in Business Administration or related field plus generally twelve years of directly related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate customer meetings, negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Strong program/project management and leadership skills to manage projects utilizing personnel from multiple disciplines.
- Ability to identify and manage priorities as demonstrated by the ability to establish, track and meet schedules for multiple projects while maintaining high quality and exceptional customer service.