Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CEN) Desktop Support Technician
Desktop Support Engineer or Specialist (ITOPSSDS3)
Under general direction, the role is responsible for maintaining the desktop/ workstation environment, software distribution, security updates and second level troubleshooting. This employee acts as a lead for escalation of complex issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, upgrades, replaces and repairs computer systems hardware and computer peripherals. Act as an escalation point for complex technical and configuration issues.
· Softphone and Hard Phone Configuration and Administration.
· Monitor and Maintain Desktop Compliance such as SCCM Client Health, SEP Anti-Virus and MS Patch updates.
· Monitor and Maintain Site's DHCP IPs ensuring each client/department has enough IP Pool, VLAN Configuration and Administration.
· Assist with implementing discovery, planning and managing projects. Act as a liaison between other departments and the Site IT group.
· Work with other IT teams during the development and deployment phase of new desktop images or software projects. Recommend method changes for processes and general group development involving new technology.
· Employee will need to provide minimal training and technical assistance to end users. Able to lead by example and act as a mentor to Desktop Support Associate Technicians.
· Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more areas vital to the success of the call center such as production application support, internal e-mail support, and quality assurance system support.
· Creating/Updating documentations like SOPs; Job Aids, FAQs, etc.
· Relevant two-year associate or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Superior IT support knowledge is required. Must be able to install, configure and troubleshoot current desktop operating systems.
· Working knowledge of PC hardware and Microsoft software applications (e.g. MS Office, etc.).
· Working knowledge of SCCM, Antivirus, TACACS, VLAN, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, network and remote administration, software deployment as well as imaging software and processes.
· High attention to detail in planning, reporting and execution of assigned work and must be proactive in resolving issues or developing better work practices.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have good time management skills for daily tasks and projects.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, rotating schedules and additional hours as required.
· Working knowledge is desired in scripting using PowerShell, DOS base and other command language
· Working knowledge in creating/updating documentation (i.e. SOP's, Job Aids, FAQ's, etc.)