TriNet Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Inside Sales
at TriNet Group Inc.
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers' compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you're passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients' business success with extraordinary HR.
As TriNet continues to grow, we continue to seek top sales management talent and are currently looking for a Inside Sales Director. The Sales Director provides leadership to a team of Frontline Managers that directly manage a team of inside sales consultants assigned to vertical industries. He/she has experience managing outsourced B2B services sold directly to the small- to medium-sized business (SMB) market. The Frontline managers that the Director oversees will have at team of sales consultants that are focused on generating new business within their assigned industry, maintaining our customer base and increasing our market share in a highly consultative environment.
The individual in this role is responsible for forecasting & quota management of full teams managed by frontline managers and must demonstrate their financial acumen through their understanding of key financial reports and measures (e.g. P&L, Balance sheet, profitability measures). Additionally, he/she must also be able to demonstrate complete understanding of TriNet's revenue model (Service Fees, WC/Medical, UI, payroll/banking interest and Strategic Services) to maintain predictable regional profitability through pipeline and clients.
As TriNet continues its growth, we continue to seek top sales management talent for current opportunity and are currently looking for a Sales Director for our Inside Sales department. Apply your sales leadership experience in the B2B services arena and join TriNet as we expand our presence in the US. Achieve a new level of success and drive company growth by leveraging the increasing demand for our advanced outsourcing services, our company's stellar reputation, and our supportive sales force infrastructure. We will look to you to you, as a sales leader, to help continue the growth of TriNet. As a Sales Director, based in our Austin, TX sales office, you will provide leadership and support to a team of sales managers that support inside sales consultants. These sales managers will support sales consultants that are focused on generating new business within assigned vertical industries, maintaining our customer base and increasing our market share in a highly consultative environment.
A career with TriNet is truly an opportunity to join a company poised for years of growth. Your prior experience managing outsourced B2B services sold directly to the small- to medium-sized business (SMB) market, particularly when it involved educating prospects and strategic partners, will prove to be invaluable. As part of our sales leadership team, you will use your demonstrated communication skills and ability to motivate others to lead by example in a dynamic growth organization.
• Create, develop and motivate a high performing team by mentoring, challenging, and developing frontline sales managers and sales consultants; Motivate team by supporting their individual and team growth and by celebrating their success and achievements; Provide positive feedback and celebrate managers' and sales consultants' success; Provide corrective feedback to inspire team to stretch and perform their best
• Manage and validate pipeline by assessing early-stage leads to ensure team is at or above quota at all times; Analyze quality of prospective clients with sales consultants to proactively deliver monthly, quarterly and annual quota
• Accurately forecast prospective clients within assigned Industry Vertical; Develop and implement quarterly business plans to achieve targeted worksite employee goals and revenue targets set forth by Sales Vice President
• Demonstrate deep level of understanding of TriNet book of business and current sales cycle; Leverage financial understanding TriNet's value proposition to ensure service fee revenue strength that withstands competitive bids
• Demonstrate a strong external focus including external industry involvement to influence direction and build TriNet reputation in the vertical market
• Monitor team performance, provide ongoing feedback and apply clear, consistent performance standards aligned with sales goals
• Foster cooperation, communication and commitment among team; Encourage collaboration within and across organizational boundaries
• Establish mechanism to ensure optimal level of teamwork by valuing contributions, and encouraging accountability; Anticipate and resolve conflicts and remove barriers to team's success
• Act as key player in managing corporate change initiatives
• Demonstrate commitment to the development and learning of team by providing resources and creating learning opportunities
• Demonstrate POISE , TriNet's core values, at all times
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager's discretion
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, however an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
• 3 years of experience leading sales managers
• 5 years of experience in Inside Sales
• 10 years of consultative B2B sales, preferably in SMB market
• Sales lead development and prospecting for new business
• Experience guiding sales managers through a disciplined process to move prospects through sequential stages of engagement, alignment, desire, and acceptance.
• Experience developing own leads and prospecting for new business
• Prior experience selling in one of the following industries is a plus: SaaS, HRO, BPO
• Human Capital Management industry experience a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Proven ability to influence C-level executives and help direct reports drive new client business
• Ability to manager remote team, if need be
• Experience with technology and common software and web applications, including MS Office and Salesforce.com
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Ability and willingness to travel to prospective clients' sites within United States, and travel to Sales offices for quarterly meetings
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.