Trend Micro Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trend Micro Incorporated
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Employee Type
- R- Regular
- Full Time / Part Time
- Full Time
- Technical Services and Support
Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
Location: Austin, Texas
Trend Micro is seeking a technical trainer that has both training and courseware development expertise. Trainer skills are needed in order to deliver these technical courses to customer, partner and internal audiences, as well as to help enable Trend Micro’s authorized training center partners. Training will be delivered in person throughout North and South America as well as via online media. Course development skills are needed in order to refresh, enhance and expand the curriculum and content for Trend Micro’s technical courses, serving customer, partner and internal audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
Training delivery: ~60%
- Deliver existing, updated and new Trend Micro courses to customer, partner and internal audiences.
- Travel to deliver scheduled courses at Trend Micro offices in the Americas, as well as at customer sites.
- Prepare hands-on lab environments for student use.
- Engage classroom attendees in interactive discussion to help enhance learning and retention.
- Adapt curriculum based on specific customer situations, putting additional focus on priority items.
- Create video recordings of training modules to help grow and update an online training environment.
- Ensure course delivery is done in a high-quality fashion, meeting audience needs.
Course development: ~40%
- Design curriculum plan in consultation with the education team, product management team, and other relevant parties.
- Prioritize content updates and new material development based on customer, partner and internal needs.
- Plan content development to serve both classroom and online self-paced environments.
- Design and develop course contents, inclusive of presentation materials, instructor guides, student guides, hands-on labs, classroom setup guides, and related materials.
- Perform quality assurance on course materials inclusive of hands-on labs.
- Consult with internal resources to ensure accuracy of new content.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions with other Trend Micro trainers as well as authorized training partners.
- Ensure course materials are high-quality and meet the audience needs.
- Ideal candidates will have a mix of the following experience, although we are willing to consider candidates who focus on either course development or delivery :
- 3+ years in course development, or less if offset by technical writing experience
- 3+ years in enterprise technology products, ideally in IT security (network and/or endpoint security). This is important both to speed course development, and also to credibly connect with the classroom audience.
- Familiarity with Trend Micro enterprise products (or similar competitive products) is a substantial advantage. Product areas can include one or more of the following: endpoint products (e.g. OfficeScan), hybrid cloud security products (Deep Security) or breach detection (Deep Discovery).
- 3+ years in delivering technical training
- Experience using tools to create and package online self-paced video training e.g. Camtasia Studio or equivalent
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time outside of Americas region, up to 40% depending on candidate’s desire for travel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English). Additional languages are an asset.
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.