Trend Micro Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Software Engineer - Contract Position
at Trend Micro Incorporated
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Employee Type
- C- Contractor
- Full Time / Part Time
- Full Time
Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
The role as a Sr. Software Engineer will focus on design and implementation, and carry out the architecture design result using python or other programming skill. A successful candidate would be a team player who can collaboratively work with local and remote teams with a DevOps mindset to build up a critical system for Trend Micro.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Product Owners/Architects to identify customer requirements, translate to stories and specifications
- Design and follow up design to implement major portions of software using python onto linux environment.
- Deliver stories with high quality in feature team leveraging agile process
- Develop business process with automated unit, functional, and/or system level as appropriate
- Share knowledge and contribute to an environment of continuous improvement
- Working on DB such as MSSQL/mySQL
- Working on using ODBC process and ETL knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3-5 years of software development experience in a multi-tasking and/or multi-threaded environment.
- Appropriate knowledge of using GIT as the source code control system.
- Excellent Python programming skills and its libraries knowledge is a MUST
- Understand Django, Microservices is a plus
- Knowledge on Linux operating system.
- Understand MSSQL
- Experience with iterative development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Experience with developing web services (SOAP/REST),XML/XPath
- Experience in virtualization technologies ( ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V,XEN)
- Good understanding of Networking and RestAPI work
- Knowledge of AWS or Cloud platform is a plus
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.