Trend Micro Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research & Development Intern - Summer 2020
at Trend Micro Incorporated
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Employee Type
- T- Intern
- Full Time / Part Time
- Full Time
Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
The Research & Development Intern will be a member of a team working on cutting-edge, enterprise-level network security solutions during the Summer 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities
Candidates should thrive on working in a close, small team environment and possess excellent interpersonal skills, plus analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. Interns will work on a team that works on projects including but not limited to: intrusion prevention, firewall, DDoS and traffic anomaly protection, VPN, encryption, port and host scans, web filtering, collaboration with vulnerability analysts and reverse engineers.
- Coursework in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, information security, or related fields
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, or Python
- Familiarity with:
- Network and application protocols (IPv4/6, TCP, UDP) down to the packet level
- Security technologies (authentication, encryption, compression, VPN)
- Networking (switches, routers) and security (firewalls, IPS) equipment and technologies (VPN, VLAN)
- Experience with Python on both Microsoft Windows and Linux OSes is a plus
- Knowledge of jscript, vbscript, python or any scripting language
- Some programming experience
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.