Trend Micro Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead - Software Development Engineer in Test
at Trend Micro Incorporated
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Employee Type
- R- Regular
- Full Time / Part Time
- Full Time
- Product Development
Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Project leadership to understand the scope of the project and identify test coverage
- Lead test efforts, drive test execution and ensure that product meetings quality standards
- Lead role in providing guidance on effective strategy to achieve Continuous Regression Testing
- Support and mentor junior level engineers to produce effective test strategy and automated test strategy
- Lead design, implementation of test frameworks for Cloud Applications.
- Play active role in driving the strategic initiatives in enhancing the automation frameworks for the SaaS platform.
- Lead role in implementing effective best practices to be followed by the R&D organization
- Easily understand the big picture of the solutions provided by the entire R&D organization
- Work with cross-functional teams (Architects, Developers, QA) and design effective Automated Test Strategy for functional, system, performance and longevity test
- At least 5 years of experience in software quality including test framework development
- 2-3 years of hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like ec2, ELB, S3 VPC
- Working knowledge on configuration of AWS VPCs, Transit gateways and NAT
- Azure or Open Stack or other cloud platform experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Networking concepts in OSI Model (L2, L3, L4 protocols)
- Experience in building testing automation framework, test tools with Python or Java
- An understanding of automation design patterns and software testing principles and methodologies.
- Experience in Continuous Integration environments ideally using Jenkins
- Experience working with a team using Agile and scrum
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and good communication skills
- BS CS/CE or related field or equivalent industry experience.
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.