The Tatitlek Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bn Mob Specialist - Tatitlek Training Services, Inc.
at The Tatitlek Corporation
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Act as a battalion mobilization specialist as part of a Brigade operation’s planning team augmenting 166 AV BDE to assist in long-term and continuous planning for Mobilization Surge operations at Fort Hood;
- Specialize in the requirements for and nuances of Kosovo Force (KFOR) and Operation Freedom’s Sentinel (OFS) mobilizations
- Participate in Operational Planning Teams (OPTs) with planners from 166 AV BDE, First Army, and its subordinate units, as well as organizations within and external to Fort Hood to develop plans to support mobilization operations. The planning cell shall be prepared to develop operations plans (OPLANs) and operations orders (OPORDs).
- Assist, mentor, and advise mobilizing RC units prior to mobilization
- Network with mobilizing ECAB units, including the Brigade Headquarters and three subordinate battalions in order to develop a pre-mobilization training plan.
- Monitor and understand Force Tracking Number (FTN) requirements and assist mobilizing units in planning and training to meet all FTN requirements.
- Create, prepare, and optimize hour-by-hour schedules for mobilizing reserve-component units, at least one month prior to unit arrival.
- Monitor the pre-mobilization training and readiness status of mobilizing units.
- Occasionally travel TDY at the government’s expense.
- Participate in 166 AV BDE planning meetings and in-progress reviews (IPRs) to include weekly mobilization and plans/exercise (PLEX) synchronization meetings.
- Prepare and update presentation material for senior leadership, middle management, or action officer level. Update mobilization and deployment planning and execution documents.
- Maintain communication and coordination with higher, lower, National Guard, Army Reserve, Fort Hood, state, and local organizations. Submit Requests for Information (RFI) to appropriate commands, agencies, or installation activities.
- Other duties as assigned.Prepare and update presentation material for senior leadership, middle management, or action officer level. Update mobilization and deployment planning and execution documents.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 10 years’ experience and have Battle Staff NCO training or Army Warrant Officer Training or equivalent.
- Familiarity with the military plans and operations process.
- The ability to develop operations plans (OPLANs) and operations orders (OPORDs) as directed.
- Experience with Reserve Component Mobilization and Training is preferred
- Experience with Army Aviation Operations is preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
-SECRET Security Clearance required
-Eligible to hold Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR) account
-Excellent personal communication skills
-Must have valid state driver’s license and be able to maintain post driving privileges
-Must be able obtain/maintain Common Access Card
-Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks, and work under deadlines
-Must be able to devise steps necessary to complete tasks
-Ability to read, write, and understand English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time, stoop down and lift and carry up to 20 pounds on a regular basis. Must possess: visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and the manual dexterity to operate computer.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment may vary from moderate to high depending on location.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.