The Geneva Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Physical Therapist
at The Geneva Foundation
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
The Research Physical Therapist is responsible for clinical support and data collection for all study subjects appointments. Coordination of research subjects, tasks, data collection and data.
The credentialing process could take 1-3 months
Site: Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center
- Administer physical therapy treatment programs to include the planning, coordination, controlling, direction and evaluation of physical therapy activities for the research study
- Plan and develop physical therapy treatments, procedures, and programs
- Observe patient’s response to treatment and modifies the program to accelerate recovery
- Make recommendations on staffing, physical plant design, and distribution of physical therapy equipment
- Record all pertinent data in the patient’s medical records
- Determine and implement policies and procedures pertaining to physical therapy program and activities
- Master's or Doctorate in Physical Therapy degree required from an accredited Physical Therapy program
- Current Physical Therapist license and maintain this license throughout the term of the contract
- 3-5 years’ experience in physical therapy preferred, with some experience in orthopedics
- 3-5 years non-profit, research, or healthcare experience desired
- Knowledge of Institutional Review Board practice and human subject regulations
- Familiarity with the function of instrument motion analysis is required
- Demonstrate competence in oral and written communication
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess a positive, friendly and professional demeanor
- Must be flexible with changing priorities and able to communicate in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Computer skills including at least intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office Software including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and have willingness to learn and trouble shoot computer related issues. Knowledge of Matlab, Cortex or Nexus and/or Visual 3D is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of clinical or general research techniques is required
- Knowledge of basic statistics is a plus
- Experience with amputee care a plus
- Must possess current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification and maintain it during the term of the contract