The Beck Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Safety Coordinator (Austin)
at The Beck Group
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Who we are
We're The Beck Group, the largest and most innovative integrated building firm in the country. We are focused on delivering design and construction excellence on a broad range of project types. Headquartered in the Arts District in downtown Dallas, with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City, and Tampa, we believe a better process and outcome results from working together. At Beck, you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest within our industry, and that's why we are seeking experienced Safety Coordinator like you to help transform the industry and continue building Beck's respected reputation.
What you bring to the table
Beck is looking for a qualified Safety Coordinator to join an extraordinary project team in Austin. As the Safety Coordinator, you will assist in the development of the project safety program or Zero Accidents Plan. The Safety Coordinator will attend all initial meetings with the project staff and subcontractor representatives to clearly define their role within the confines of the Project Safety Program. Will conduct and document pre-planning safety meetings with each subcontractor safety representatives and/or foremen to establish safety procedures prior to subcontractor's activity on site. The Safety Coordinator will also establish and conduct regular (weekly) safety meetings with subcontractor representatives.
The position involves the following essential functions:
- Investigate all incidents and generate proper reports, establish and maintain all required job safety records, and participate in a monthly overview safety meeting.
- The Safety Coordinator will conduct regular (daily) jobsiteand work area inspections.
- Conduct formal weekly jobsiteinspections and complete the safety checklist noting safety violations and corrective actions.
- Responsible for recording, notifying and preparing written reports of any violations or unsafe practices to subcontractors for immediate correction
- Assist project superintendent in establishing and implementing proper fire prevention, evacuation and fire control procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that subcontractors are conducting the proper training requirements as per the OSHA standards.
- Facilitate training for site personnel for compliance with Federal and State standards
- Perform periodic audits of various projects with regards to compliance with all OSHA and Beck safety requirements.
- Will review each subcontractor's safety program and ensure that it meets or exceeds the project safety program requirements.
Who we think will be a great fit
A person with a thorough understanding of building construction safety, excellent time management skills, a passion to get things done, and possess uncompromising authenticity and integrity.
You also meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of relevant construction safety experience
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour certifications within the last 2 years and a thorough knowledge of construction related safety requirements are required
- College degree desired or equivalent experience
- Experience using Excel, Synchro, Procore, Bluebeam, Egnyte, CMiC, and Revit or comparable construction technologies is a plus
- May require some travel
Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; occasionally ascends/descends ladders and stairs; constantly works in outdoor weather conditions; frequently moves equipment up to 50Ibs to various locations on site; constantly communicates with subcontractors, vendors, and other members of project team; constantly moving around job site; ability to adhere to consistent and timely attendance.
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and