The Beck Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architectural Project Designer (Austin)
at The Beck Group
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
What you bring to the table
Beck is looking for a qualified Project Designer to join our Austin office. The Project Designer works with the design Principal to generate and develop designs for a wide range of building types from higher ed, to religious, to mixed use. Beck is one of the most advanced users of 3D modeling tools in the design process, so you should be comfortable modeling in either Skectchup, form.z, Rhino, or Revit and also have the ability to graphically communicate through hand drawing. Your ability to work in a collaborative environment is important since there is frequent teaming across disciplines and across offices.
The job may involve the following responsibilities:
- Generate multiple creative design solutions
- Design projects with minor supervision
- Be facile in the use of multiple technologies
- Identify customer's needs and understand their culture
- Present design ideas in front of clients
- Collaborate with team in producing key details
- Effectively supervise and mentor staff
- Market/Sell Beck exhibits the ability to present a strong vision of the company
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Who we think will be a great fit
A reliable Project Designer with an understanding of complex aspects of Architecture with strong graphic and verbal communication skills. You have a passion to get things done, you're a flawless executor and possess uncompromising authenticity and integrity.
You also meet the following requirements:
- 3-8 years of relevant experience
- Professional registration preferred
Frequently operates a computer and other office equipment, ability to coordinate and participate in client meetings, constantly communicates with project team and related parties, ability to maintain best practices related to architectural design and production and ability to adhere to consistent attendance. May require travel or co/location.
- Walking frequently around the office or outdoors may be required
- Ability to carry large plans or boxes in excess of 10 lbs
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.