Texas Parks and Wildlife
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Analyst II (State Park Help Desk Analyst)
at Texas Parks and Wildlife
- General Description
NOTE: Reposted position. Previous applicants will be considered and need not reapply.
Under the general supervision of the State Parks Help Desk Team Lead, this position is responsible for providing level one support for the Texas State Parks Reservation System. Receives calls for assistance relating to the utilization of park reservation software and all related hardware including a personal computer, barcode scanners, credit card readers, cash drawers, and printers. Provides basic problem analysis and resolution in support of the agency's Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless infrastructure and stand-alone microcomputers. Provides basic technical assistance in the administration of agency standard Windows operating systems, applications software and networking environments and may be asked to perform other related duties in support of the State Parks Division at Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD). Required to participate in the on-call rotation within the Park Support Team which provides emergency support services after normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Logs, tracks and resolves problem calls utilizing the Remedy Help Desk Software Package. Works under general supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Performs additional duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency, Division and Branch rules, regulations and procedures.
POSTING NUMBER: 18-00560
- Qualification Guidelines
- Sixty semester hours from an accredited college or university.
- Two years experience providing Help Desk end-user experience.
- If driving is required, applicant must possess a valid State driver's license.
- One year of professional level experience as a technical support analyst may substitute for thirty semester hours of the required education, with a maximum substitution of sixty semester hours.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of microcomputer architecture and design;
- Knowledge of Help Desk best practices;
- Knowledge of Agency Standard Windows Operating Systems;
- Knowledge of Agency Standard Microsoft Office Suite Applications;
- Knowledge of Agency Standard Networking Protocols;
- Skill in delivering basic Level-1 technical support;
- Skill in basic problem analysis and utilizing appropriate procedures and techniques to effect problem resolutions;
- Skill in generating detailed and accurate documentation on microcomputer hardware and software problems;
- Skill in effective verbal and written communication;
- Skill in providing quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner;
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with co-workers and work-related contacts;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions;
- Ability to maintain flexibility and work with frequent interruptions and multiple changing priorities;
- Ability to assist customers in the basic use of agency standard Windows Operating Systems and MS Office Suite products (ex. Excel, Word, Access etc.) and in troubleshooting and resolving related problems;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to effectively communicate instructions to agency staff for problem resolution;
- Ability to follow a defined staffing schedule to include evenings and weekends;
- Ability to identify basic networking and voice/data telecommunication problems, and initiate appropriate corrective action;
- Ability to perform manual labor including, lifting supplies and materials up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to conduct work activities in accordance with TPWD safety program.
- Additional Information
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:In order to be considered for this position, the following information is required:
- Required to work an assigned shift schedule between 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and weekends;
- Required to adjust to changing schedules;
- Required to participate in the on-call rotation emergency support services after normal business hours;
- Required to respond to emergency and on call situations;
- Required to perform manual labor including, lifting supplies and materials up to 50 lbs.;
- Must conform to TPWD dress and grooming standards, work rules and safety procedures;
- Required to travel 5%;
- May be required to operate a State vehicle;
- Non-smoking environment in State buildings and vehicles.
NOTE: Resume and professional references may be attached to the online application, but not in place of the completed application. A skills test may be conducted at time of interview.Army 25, 53Navy CT, IT, 181, 182, 642, 644, 742, 744Coast Guard 275, IT, 22, 26, 030, C411, ISMMarine Corps 01, 88Air Force 3D
- Submittal of a completed online application;
- Work history experience MUST be completed in the online application;
- A scanned copy of official college transcript(s) issued from the registrar must be attached to the online application (if applicable);
- Applicants must attach a DD214 or other supporting documentation to the online application to claim Veterans Preference.