Texas Parks and Wildlife
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Representative II (Group Management Agent)
at Texas Parks and Wildlife
- General Description
Performs routine (journey-level) group customer service work in the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) Group Management section of the Customer Service Center. Work involves verbal and electronic customer contact, providing group use support, responding to public information inquiries, comments and special services. Public contact requires group agents to provide complete information on group planning, reservations, park access, and activities participation, including destination travel planning; user information; park rules and regulations interpretations; facility use availability; working with customer special needs, to develop destination travel plans; and identifying and anticipating customer needs. Other group services include: specialty reservations; activity participation; branded merchandise sales; and sales of Texas State Parks Passes, Gift Cards, and Off Highway Vehicle Decals. Collects and processes reservations, participation and merchandise payments, refunds, and administrative charges for facility transfers and cancellations. Work requires maintaining on-going communications with state park staff to provide updated information to visitors, and to internal contact center supervisory personnel, to ensure customer communications during contact transactions, to include interpreting and explaining rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Monitors group reservations and scheduled payments; documentation, in standard formats, stored in agency hardware drives and accessible to both contact center and park staff; and customer database content. Assists with correspondence for on- and off-site programs to create awareness and to promote State Parks, their use rules and procedures. Creates and maintains related activity logs and reconciliation reports; conducts and compiles researched information for public dissemination; creates and maintains detailed documents on parks and their environs; and maintains public information, performance files and reports on services. May work to promote state park information and services to the public at internal or external events. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Performs additional duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency, Division and Branch rules, regulations and procedures.
POSTING NUMBER: 19-00494
- Qualification Guidelines
- Graduation from High School or GED.
- One year experience working in a high volume customer contact setting, reservations and/or call center, providing customer facility reservations service or other customer services in person and/or by phone;
- Experience operating a computer, working with word processing, spreadsheet and personal information management software;
- Experience in data entry;
- If driving is required applicant must possess a valid class State driver's license.
- Two years of experience working in a reservations and/or call center, providing customer facility reservations service or other customer services by phone;
- Experience in destination planning;
- Experience in sales and customer satisfaction;
- Experience with TxParks software or other Park Office Reservations Systems;
- Experience in contract writing;
- Experience working in the travel industry;
- Experience in group reservations, and/or group event planning and coordination;
- Demonstrated proficiency in letter composition and proper grammar, and Texas State Park terminology.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Knowledge of clerical office practices and administrative procedures used in a Customer Contact Center or phone sales environment;
- Knowledge of phone etiquette, business, facility reservations and destinations terminology, spelling, grammar;
- Knowledge of basic mathematics;
- Knowledge of sales transaction record keeping and reporting procedures;
- Skill in using MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Skill in providing quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner;
- Skill in using Automated Call Distribution telephone system;
- Skill in processing information and booking facility reservations and sales;
- Skill in the use of Internet, e-mail and voice mail systems for customer service activities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff;
- Ability to use all program software used in a customer contact center;
- Ability to attempt customer issues resolution within a given time frame with supervisory assistance;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions;
- Ability to multitask and to assimilate and interpret complex information, paying close attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt to change and to acclimate to new project development;
- Ability to field and investigate complaints in a calm and diplomatic manner;
- Ability to adhere to schedules and follow both written and verbal directions and procedures;
- Ability to maintain flexibility and work with frequent interruptions and multiple changing priorities;
- Ability to work efficiently in a dependable, organized and productive manner with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to listen, process information, and then follow through with appropriate action;
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions commensurate with the position;
- Ability to conduct work activities in accordance with TPWD safety program.
- Additional Information
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:In order to be considered for this position, the following information is required:
- Required to work 40 hours per week, includes various schedules with hours other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and days off other than Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
- Required to work at off-site events which may require weekends;
- Required to work overtime as necessary;
- Required to work in a call center environment with varying noise levels and numerous distractions;
- Required to wear a telephone headset;
- Required to operate a call center phone and use a computer the entire work day;
- Required to travel 20%;
- May be required to operate a State vehicle;
- Non-smoking environment in State buildings and vehicles.
NOTE: Resume and professional references may be attached to the online application, but not in place of the completed application. A skills test may be conducted at time of interview.
- Submittal of a completed online application;
- Work history experience MUST be completed in the online application;
- A scanned copy of official college transcript(s) issued from the registrar must be attached to the online application (if applicable);
- Applicants must attach a DD214 or other supporting documentation to the online application to claim Veterans Preference.
Army 15, 36, 42, 56, 68, 88, 89, 92
Navy SH, YN, SN, Limited Duty Officer, CWO
Coast Guard YN, 360
Marine Corps O1
Air Force 3A, 3M