Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Travel Lead (Accountant V)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providingleadership, guidance,and support to school systems.
The Accountant position performs highly complex accounting work that requires careful review of administrative and program payment vouchers entered to the agency accounting system (TCAPPS). This position is responsible for the handling and review of the various TEA voucher payments including travel related payments. This individual will play a critical role ensuring that the payroll/travel team meets its performance goals and supports the agency in fulfilling its strategic priorities by meeting deadlines and maintaining a high standard of accuracy. In addition, the Accountant must have a passion for outstanding customer service to respond to the needs and expectations of a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. The Accountant is expected to contribute their knowledge, independent judgment, initiative, and expertise to build on the team's objective of continuous improvement.
Pleasenote that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments forapplying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Ensure proper payment and posting of travelvoucher payments in T-CAPPS.
- Ensure proper payment and posting of directbilled travel payments and training payments.
- Accurately processesthe agency phone bill within prompt payment statutes.
- Assist thePayroll/Travel manager with the approval of section produced vouchers andjournals prior to their scheduled due date.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a business-related degree, preferably in accounting.
Experience:At least 4 years of experience in accounting.
- Experience with accounts payable procedures and processes, USAS, and TINS
- Prefer experience with CAPPS.
- Knowledge of fiscal programs; governmental accounting; budget control methods, policies, and procedures; and of laws and regulations pertaining to financial operations.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft products.
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment.
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills .
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve.
- At least 2 years of various State of Texas travel experience and knowledge of State of Texas travel rules and regulations.
- Assists with maintaining section internal web sites and training material and may conduct periodic agency travel training classes.
- Assists with the review of Vendor Maintenance.
- Timely customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
As anequal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unlessan applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.