Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TMD-Budget Analyst II
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS:
Applicants may submitapplications through Work In Texas (WIT), however applicants must complete thesupplemental questions in CAPPS Recruit to be considered for the position. Inorder to complete the supplemental questions, please register and/or login toCAPPS Recruit and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en)
NOTESTO THE APPLICANT:
Your job application must becomplete and thorough including responding to all the supplemental questions.Your application must contain complete job histories, which includes jobtitles, dates of employment, name of employer and a description of dutiesperformed. If this information is not submitted, your application may berejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of thisrequired information.
Who We Are: The TexasMilitary Department (TMD) is commanded by The Adjutant General of Texas,the state's senior military official appointed by the governor, and iscomprised of the Texas Military Department (State & Federal CivilianEmployees), the TexasArmy National Guard (TXARNG), the TexasAir National Guard (TXANG) and theTexas State Guard (TXSG).
Our Vision: America's premier state militaryorganization comprised of professional mission-ready forces, fully engaged withour communities, and relevant through the 21st century.
Our Mission: Provide the Governor and the Presidentwith ready forces in support of state and federal authorities at home andabroad.
Performs moderately complex (journey-level) budget preparation andanalysis work. Work involves preparing, reviewing, and analyzingEnvironmental department's budget and performance measures. CoordinatesEnvironmental department budget execution and reconciliation for State andFederal entities. Works under general supervision, with limited latitude forthe use of initiative and independent judgment.
Work hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM, 40-hour week, Monday – Friday.
ESSENTIALJOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages, collects, analyzes, and reports data that supports Environmental department's state operational budget.
- Reviews financial and operating budget reports for accuracy, and identifies areas in which appropriate use of funds can be executed.
- Prepares financial statements, reports, schedules, and exhibits; prepares and/or processes general journal entries; and prepares and/or processes payment, cash, purchase, travel, and related vouchers.
- Develops and assist with budget planning and execution.
- Reconciles operating budgets to determine whether funds have been appropriately allocated and allotted.
- Maintains cost accounting records and project files.
- Maintains financial records utilizing internal controls for adhering to auditing requirements.
- Advises staff on areas in which action may berequired to stay within budget.
Reviewsfederal financial databases of record for reconciliation and monitoring
Processes travel vouchers for Appendix IIstaff.
Responsible for the budget coding in theState accounting system.
Coordinate,manage and maintain statewide National Guard Bureau-mandated environmentaldatabases
Maintainexpert knowledge of current Dept. of Army, National Guard Bureau and Statefinancial policies and regulations
Review and interpret National Guard Bureauand State policy in order to develop annual and long-term financial objectivesand requirements.
May train others in accounting practices; payments, outstanding list reports, and reconciliation.
Attends work regularly and observes approved work hours in accordance with agency state employee policies & procedures handbook.
- May be required to perform duty in support of national emergencies, disasters and other missions, to include holidays and weekends.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Graduationfrom an accredited four-year college or university is required. (SubstitutionAllowed)
Graduationfrom an accredited four-year college or university with major course work inaccounting, finance, business, public administration, or a related field ispreferred.
- Three years' experience in accounting, auditing, finance or budget preparation and analysis, and performance measurement reporting work is required.
- Experience using Microsoft applications to include Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Five plus years performing in a budget analyst role is preferred.
- Experience with Federal and State governmental accounting is preferred.
- Experience with preparing financial statements and spreadsheets is preferred.
- Experience with Federal Funds Accounting and Fiscal Law is preferred.
- Experience with GFEBS (General Funds Enterprise Business System) and/or CAPPS (Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System) is preferred.
Additionalyears of experienceworking in accounting,auditing, finance or budget preparation and analysis, and performancemeasurement reporting workor related field maysubstitute for required education on a year-per-year basis.
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATIONOR LICENSURE:
- Valid driver's license is required. *If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver's License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident. A satisfactory driving record is required for driving state or personal vehicles to conduct agency business.
Must be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC). Selectedcandidate must pass a federal security background investigation. The processincludes a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) and fingerprinting. Newemployees must complete and sign the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) FormSF85.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Texas Military Department participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization; For more information, see: E-Verify Poster.
Upon hire with the State of Texas, males between the ages of 18 through 25 must provide proof of registration or exemption with the Selective Service. For further information, visit the Selective Service website at https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
accounting, budgetary, andmanagement principles, practices, and procedures;
- forecasting methodologies;
automated accounting, budgeting,and forecasting programs;
- performance measurement and reporting;
MilitaryDecision-Making Process (MDMP);
SeniorStaff organizational development and management practices as applied to theanalysis, evaluation, development, and implementation of programs, policies,and procedures;
Methodsand procedures analysis techniques;
Formsand records design and control procedures; and
- the use of a computer and applicable software.
analyze fiscalmanagement information;
- determine appropriate use of funds;
- perform statistical analyses;
- identify and develop budgetary reports and schedules;
- analyze management problems and develop and present solutions;
- communicate effectively; and
- train others
Work istypically performed in a sedentary office setting involving sitting, standing,and walking to perform job duties. Workrequires extensive use of a personal computer and telephone. Periodically lifts, moves, carries and setsup field equipment and materials that weigh up to 25 pounds. May travel up to10%.
If you qualifyfor a Veteran Employment Preference, it is mandatory that you provide therequired documentation at the time of applying. Documentation must beprovided before a Veteran Employment Preference can be granted.
Surviving Spouse of a Veteran who has not remarried - MarriageCertificate and DD Form 1300 or;
Orphan of a Veteran who was killed during active duty – BirthCertificate and DD Form 1300
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or otherjobs. Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military workexperience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications, andskill sets.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional dutiesthat fall in the following fields or other related fields pertaining to theminimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for thisposition and are highly encouraged to apply:
Contact TMD'sVeteran's Liaison, Ashley Reinhardt if you have questions at(512)782-6822 or HR@military.texas.gov
The TexasMilitary Department does not discriminate of the basis of race, color, nationalorigin, sex, religion, age, genetic information, or status as an individualwith a disability or protected veteran status in employment or in the provisionof services.