Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Texas PK-16 Public Education Information Resource (TPEIR) Unit Manager (Manager V)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Texas PK-16 Public Education Information Resource (TPEIR) Unit Manager reports to the Director of Information Analysis in the Research and Analysis Division. This role performs highly advanced managerial work, administering the daily operations and activities of the TPEIR Unit (a team of four programmers). The Manager is responsible for overseeing the deployment of web reporting systems, including the systems analysis and requirements, data loading, report publication, quality assurance and documentation processes. This individual develops testing standards and procedures and performs complex systems analysis work. Additionally, the manager also participates in P16 Council TPEIR Committee meetings and Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems Grant meetings and related activities. This position works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The Unit Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that high-quality reports are made available to policy makers and other stakeholders to inform education policy and strategy in the state of Texas.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Supervises and leads a high-performing team of four programmers.
- Manages work and daily operations and activities of the TPEIR Unit, including the deployment of web reporting systems.
- Manages the systems analysis and requirements, data loading, report publication, quality assurance and documentation processes.
- Develops testing standards and procedures to ensure quality and accuracy in all data products.
- Establishes goals and objectives and develops policies, procedures and guidelines related to the processing, analysis, and display of educational data.
Education: Graduation froman accredited four-year college or university. Major coursework in computer science, information technology or businessinformation systems preferred.
Experience: At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in projectmanagement or equivalent experience managing or supervising professional ortechnical programming staff in computer programming or informationtechnology. Experience in SASprogramming is preferred.
- Knowledge of database management and data warehousing concepts
- Experience using report writing tools
- Understanding of confidential data presentation techniques
- Knowledge of best practices in statistical and data reporting
- A track record of exemplary management and supervisory practices
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
As anequal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unlessan applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.