Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher Incentive Allotment Specialist (Education Specialist IV)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Teacher Incentive Allotment Specialist will play a critical role in the planning and implementation of House Bill 3's Teacher Incentive Allotment, which aims to provide a pathway for outstanding Texas teachers to earn six-figure salaries. This role will provide technical assistance to districts that will lead to the creation and maintenance of valid and reliable designation systems which will increase the impact and retention of highly effective teachers, particularly in high-needs and rural areas. As part of the implementation of the Teacher Incentive Allotment, this individual will play a key role in the overall support provided to districts by providing consultative and technical assistance.
This position reports to the Strategic Compensation Manager.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
Additionally, please be sure to respond to the short answer prompts found in the supplemental questions. These responses should be added in a separate Word or PDF document in the attachments section of the application.
- Provide technical assistance (general guidance, written guidance, resources, trainings, feedback) to districts in the development stage and to districts currently approved for local designation system
- Foster continuous improvement and outline best practices to districts currently approved for a local designation system
- Contribute to the development of a process for evaluating locally developed teacher designation systems and utilize that process to evaluate the extent to which districts meet certain criteria as it aligns designation system best practices
- Contribute to the development of a process for renewing locally developed teacher designation systems
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: At least (4) years of experience in education, preferably with direct experience within a district strategic compensation program, experience with creating student growth measures and teacher appraisal.
Substitutions: An advanced degree may substitute for two years of required experience.
- Experience with district strategic compensation system
- Knowledge of best practices of data analysis, stakeholder engagement, assessment creation and teacher observation
- Knowledge of the state and federal law related to the Teacher Incentive Allotment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders
- Effective customer service skills
- Experience with adult professional development
- Strong long-term planning and project management skills, including establishing outcomes, determining evaluative measures, and tracking progress
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
As anequal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unlessan applicant is entitled to the veteran's preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)information can be accessed here.
Thisposition requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which mayinclude passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to beingoffered employment by the Agency.
Nophone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we donot accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Onlycandidates selected for interview will be contacted.